Kframe's training logs.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Kframe, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Hi all, I was encouraged to try and write down a training log. So im going to do that.

Today was my 4th judo class. We covered a lot of things and its always a heck of a work out.

We started with some running, forwards and backwards and some foot work drills thrown in for good measure. After that, we did some kaiten rolling, which TBH I picked up quickly thanks to BBT. We only did forward rolling. Then we did cartwheels, which at my size and poor balance was more like flopwheels.. After that it was stretching.

FYI, for the purposes of this log, ill not state the warm ups in details anymore, unless they change on that day. They usually are the same each day.

We did the go kyo. I got lots of work on the following things. 1 De-ashi-harai.
    2. Hiza-guruma. 3. Sasae-tsuri-komi-ashi. 4. uki-goshi, 5. o-ouchi-gari and ko-uchi-gari.

This took a lot of time, but after this, we did some work on chokes from newaza and standing. He likes to point out things that work both standing and on the ground. Which I like IMHO. I am definitely not used to gi chokes, they are awkward.

The class officially ended and the brown and black belts went to the side and worked on some Competition techniques. By this time I was totally spent, so he allowed me to rest a bit and explained what they were doing, while guiding me through the kodakan judo book. After a few minoutes he took me aside and worked with me one on one with my go kyo work for about 20 more minutes.

I seam to be struggling with hiza-garuma and sasae-tsuri-komi-ashi. With hiza when I step out and bring my leg up straight on his leg above the knee, I am feeling like I have no strength in my arms to move his arms up. (im not explaining this well sadly.) I have much work on those 2 as I struggle to find my distance each time.

After we did that for a while we then worked on our Heiki Ryu jiu jitsu, which builds off of the judo work.

I had a great time and am very sore and tired. Not to mention hungry.

2. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Congratulations man! Best of luck on you venture. Be keeping an eye on you!

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

How frequently are you training Judo at your place of practice? (How many times a week?)

4. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Right now once a week. I do karate twice a week.. I am planning on moving up to twice a week judo(the max its offered, twice a week for up to 2hours each time) when my conditioning is better.

Last week, I did my M/t/w karate/judo/karate and by Thursday was very sore and tired. I had to take a day. I think ill be doing full time soon though, as my conditioning is improving.

The karate is every bit as demanding as the judo is, they take there competitions very seriously.

5. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Well its been a while since I last posted here. According to my teacher im doing well. Still working on the first gyo ko, which is just fine with me.
    We also did one advanced throw whose name escapes me, Hiza something or other. They are going back wards and you block there knee as it is going backwards and (if I am remembering it right) I think pull towards you? I know im not describing it well, but the black belt I was paired with said it was a advanced throw even he struggles with sometimes.

During practice I did a hiza garuma and learned a lesson about making sure I have good foot placement. Uke came down on my foot and I have a small fracture in my 4th toe. LOL. Was my own fault because I didn't have my foot in good position at the end of the throw. I know better next time.

After judo we went through our JJJ and ended class. Was a good class and both my teachers are telling me im doing great. It feels good.