KFC or Popeyes???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Indie12, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

What would you prefer?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

3. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Not a chicken fan eh?

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I like chicken. I don't like the offal that those two establishments sell in place of chicken.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Nandos

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Popeye's forever. KFC can burn.

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

8. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Fried chicken, a sad distant cousin to a parmigiana.

9. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

I like KFC, but I also like Popeyes, but NOTHING beats good ol fashion home made chicken!! :D

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Oh, come on, there's no contest. Finger licking good + that yummy cole slaw versus ... what? They're not in the same league. KFC, man. :cool:

11. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Did you know when I :google:d Taijukabo, this thread came up as the third listing?

So, someone looking for information about your style and school will run across this thread. The first two are links to your Facebook page, which has almost no information at all. Name of style, but no description. No information about the instructor (you) either.

I have a bit of friendly advice. People researching to study a MA school and instead running across discussions by the founder of the style on what type of Fried chicken fast food is better (without any detailed information about the instructor or style) may not be the best way to go about building a reputation for a new style.

Think about it...................

Food for thought (pun intended:D)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  13. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Given that choice, Popeye's every time. :cool:

14. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Never had Popeyes but do they do stuff like this:

[​IMG]

Or this?

[​IMG]

*drool*

15. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Pathetic.

Can't beat a lihapiirakka which I think is Finnish for "heart attack in a bun"....and that's the diet version I made there, with no cheese and only two hot dogs.

there's a grilli (grill!) near by that does huge ones with chips inside (that's freedom fries to our Septic friends ;) ).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  16. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I've seen that before and honestly it kinda puts me off the food. I mean yeah, it is a heart attack in a bun, but it's so ordinary. :p

Meanwhile...the "stonner" (yes, that is a sausage wrapped in doner meat and battered with chips):

[​IMG]

1,000 calories in a small serving gone. OM NOM NOM! *insert heart attack*

Also, BEHOLD, THE KID'S BREAKFAST!!!

To date I think one person has managed to eat it all within an hour. I think too many people are slacking!:

[​IMG]

17. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

That's disgusting, and it makes me crave a nice Greek salad!

18. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

They are deliciously greasy and then having the all the mayo, ketchup, mustard and cucumber relish dripping off into your sleeve to be licked off a few hours or days later makes them the greatest junk food of all time.

They are disturbingly moreish.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

offal you say?

interestingly, brown's chicken used to sell deep-fried chicken livers. which, being the good greek boy that i am, i used to scarf down in real-time like crazy. trips to the local brown's in high school usually meant my (white suburban) soccer buddies would scarf down their white-meat chicken "tenders", while me and the latinos threw down the thighs, legs, and livers. dinner at my house follows roughly the same pattern: buy whole chicken, kids and wife eat the breast, giovanni eats everything else.

if you've never had a chicken liver omelet, you've not lived.

20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

honestly, i haven't been to a kfc in years. but just once, i want to go on a drunken bender and get one of these.

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

then of course proceed to vomit it all up. because of the amount and greasiness of the food.