Keyring weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cosmo Kramer, May 29, 2009.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Snake, this is by no means to offend;

This is almost a contradiction. If one is to use their environment, this would also be that of using a weapon, if it is within the reach. (You furthered the contradiction with your other statement-make use of my surroundings and pick up something to aid me if i ever needed it)

That could be the issue. Because you may have been a foreigner or non-local, perhaps you thought you had no need to. Perhaps you were afraid to. (And once may not be enough to have as supporting data)

Like I said, if you ever been in some environments I have, you would not have had to chance to pistol whip anyone. In these environments I speak of, when anyone draws a gun, it is to be fired-period.

And, like learning-training in all aspects of fighting-defense (like ground fighting-etc), one ought to not get complacent with their martial skills. Study many things. Use anything.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. 47MartialMan

I thought about adding that, but when I was posting, it slipped my mind again.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think the theory behind the sentiment is right. It's one think to carry a blade and quite another to use it. Most people don't want to fight so I'm sure they would have trouble stabbing or slashing someone but as you've said the guys that are happy to do so use their own

4. 47MartialMan

They are not happy to use their own, they are familiar and comfortable to use their own.

(Got it by the term "happy" though)

Also to add. If someone has a firearm, but decides to pistol whip another, this can go beyond reasonable force as well. In some cultures, some courts would considered this as worse as shooting someone (shooting out of reason)

And, to slightly back off my statement "if someone pulls a gun, it is to be fired"; per my environment-culture, cops pull out their guns for this reason:

The threat level went high-either there is going to be compliance or shooting.

They have no intention of pulling their firearms to pistol whip anyone.
    (If a cop is to subdue a perp, they have other means and devices)

5. Moi

That would depend on the circumstance. There was a craze maybe 30 years ago in Liverpool of what would be called today 'happy slashing' for no reason other than you were there. Usually the face or across the buttocks. Real nasty place to get cut your bum!

6. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Great discussion!! ---- and a very valuable use of this forum (IMHO). Questions such as these don't always get addressed amidst some of the other testosterone-driven statements. Very nice job.

As just a side-note I would also add that intentions or motives for educating oneself in a MA could be examined somewhat along the lines of intentions for carrying or employing an identified weapon vs weapons-of-opportunity (such as screw-drivers, silverware, mugs/steins, table/chair parts etc etc). Getting into a very shadowy, grey area but does anyone have any thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

7. 47MartialMan

Ah. I thought "happy", as in a form of pleasure. Different from my understanding in "willing without reservation"

Happy slashing is like "drive bys" in the US

8. 47MartialMan

Well, I did somewhat state a weapon can be anything and should be used if all else fails.

The next question for discussion, what weapon and in what manner

9. Moi

I've always wondered why there is a small co2 fire extinguisher with customer reach at nearly every bar. Not only is it an effective medium range weapon with it's designed use they make one hell of a clang once empty bouncing of somebodies skull. Useful in a car as well

I wouldn't could a screwdriver as a weapon of opportunity. They're carried, proper purpose aside, for two reasons. Breaking into things and stabbing people

Glass attacks? I'm surprised they're not more common. Make a real mes far in excess of the particular argument you may have been having at the time. I nearly lost my eye in one but we kissed and made up afterwards. Welsh girls eh?

Table leg in pubs usually have wing-nuts holding them on. Don't ask me how I know but they do. Seems a little short-sighted of the furniture manufacturers and breweries that. Great big bolt sticking out the end of a table leg make you go Ooooh!

Sharpened credit cards, Millwall brick, batteries, fishing tackle provides a multitude of opportunities for a imaginative person.

10. Moi

Too bloody lazy to get your fat butts out of the car to do the job properly:rolleyes:

11. 47MartialMan

LOL. It is about not getting blood on themselves or their clothes :rolleyes:

12. Moi

I'd be more bothered about gunshot residue myself. They never seem to think these things through

13. 47MartialMan

The powder residue is minimal compared to the sanguinary

Stabbings are messy for the attacker.

Hard to get the clothes cleaned.

Perhaps the stabbers should were disposable plastic suits?

14. Moi

Clothes can be burned and skin can be washed. I've known someone use a binbag on their arm to avoid powder. (we don't have access to guns like you guys do. Finding stuff like that is almost like confessing over here)

15. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Little help?

Did I hear correctly that the UK has a law, now, requiring clubs and pubs to switch to plastic mugs and phase-out the glass items? IIRC there has been an on-going problem with using heavy drinking mugs in all sorts of encounters and the resulting mess is out of all proportion to the circumstances. Anyone?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

16. forero

forero Valued Member

Personally I practise in order to be able to have fun without hurting people. For self-defense I go for morning sprints along the docks.

17. Moi

I'm too old for nightclubs now but the four times a year I do make it to one for the shows the nightclub does have plastic type glasses but also sell bottled beer? The bottle isn't as nasty or convenient a weapon but it does seem to have been overlooked. Pubs I'm not so sure, still glass for now

18. 47MartialMan

That has been going on in some bars in many US cities

19. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

Many of the clubs I've been to in the UK in the last year or so have switched to plastic, and when about 8 years ago I can remember one club in Wales I used to go to being pressured into switching to plastic because they had regular glassing incidents.