Keyring weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cosmo Kramer, May 29, 2009.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's possible if the commit the murder. We live in a time when if the police want you for something serious enough they have the resourses to nail you.
    Assault or GBH just isn't high enough up on their list to warrant a PC grab, especially if it's two males.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

That would be a case of using the 'report post' in the top right hand corner (shown as a red triangle).

If you are seriously concerned about anything here report it to a mod first.

3. Moi

What if it's a mod that's trying to kill you?

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Anyone you are thinging of in particular Moi?

5. Moi

I would have thought all of them at one time or other

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

[​IMG]

They never attack alone!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  7. SnakeGreywalker

SnakeGreywalker New Member

i would never use my keys in case i lost them during the fight. keys stay in my pocket where they belong.
    you don't need weapons to defend yourself on the street, if its a knife attack you have your jacket you can wrap around your arm.
    you don't train for hours at a time, year in year out with your hands and feet just to decide you need a weapon on the street, if you do need to your training in the wrong martial art! :)

8. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Sometimes getting a weapon is a good advantage. Leave nothing to chance. Fight dirty. Fight to win. Tough, if the other guy doesnt have a weapon but you do.

BTW. Welcome

9. Moi

I'm sure that's Mitch just off centre to the left. Wonder where he parked his scooter?:confused:

10. SnakeGreywalker

you wouldn't get far in a court of law with that attitude, "reasonable force" springs to mind! lol

in my experience as a martial artist and someone who worked in high end security as well as doing the doors for a few years, if you do a martial system worth a light or you just have good experience you will never go for a weapon.
    use your environment fine but weapons, never.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It all depends on locality.

In the UK it's a no no but that may not be the case in other parts of the world.

For example in the US I would consider it vital to incorporate firearms into a self defence training regimen because their laws allow for it.

And let's be honest at the end of the day if your getting your ass handed to you and you felt in serious danger you'd want to be using whatever you can.

12. SnakeGreywalker

to a degree, I've worked in some countries where firearms are legal but the stress of using them and the paperwork has meant that I've been better off not, I've only pulled a gun once and i hit the person with the handle.

im based in the uk and worked in some really bad places but never needed a weapon to deal with a situation. and reasonable force is a real fine line between what is ok and what is not.

just an opinion mine lol not knocking anyone's choice, just personally i have my hands and feet and they never let me down :D

13. Dean Winchester

You had a weapon drawn but ended up using it close in?

How'd that happen?

14. 47MartialMan

That is good expereince, but it doesn't apply everywhere

I agree. Reasonable force is a issue. However, like said, if you are getting beat, it stands to reason-get something to use for more force

If you were in some environments I have been to, you would have a weapon. Hands and feet werent enough.

15. SnakeGreywalker

however in general every day situations you should not be carrying a weapon, and after all that is what this is all about.
    in the UK where i live most people that get stabbed is with there own knife. if you carry a weapon you bring a weapon into the equation where there might not have been one in the first place.
    i would never carry a weapon no matter where i am. i may make use of my surroundings and pick up something to aid me if i ever needed it but i would never carry a weapon.

16. 47MartialMan

1.) As I stated;
    - but it doesn't apply everywhere
    in the UK...and that's where you are.

2.) And, when I state weapon, it can BE anything.

3.) And I stated;
    If you were in some environments I have been to, you would have a weapon. Hands and feet weren't enough.
    In these environments, pending the local laws, you could carry certain weapons.

Hence my wording-what you do-or are required to;
    Doesn't apply everywhere or in some environments

17. Dean Winchester

Could you please back up your claim that most people in the UK who get stabbed are stabbed with their own knife?

At the moment I'm not arguing either way but would like to know where you are getting your info from.

Also could you elaborate on the situation you mentioned previously where you had your gun drawn but used it to pistol whip someone?

18. Moi

Do you have any evidence for this?

This is what happens when you take a phone call in the middle of posting. Somebody else asks the same question

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  19. 47MartialMan

I know a lot of people get cut with their own knives by accident.

I thought muggers brought their "own tools of the trade" along with them.

20. Moi

The figures, if there are any, might include domestic disputes where the knife is 'common property' belonging to a couple but I'm guessing it' one of those 'facts' bandied about by self defence type martial arts to encourage you to train with them.