Kettle Bell Exercises

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pretty In Pink, May 19, 2020.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Info request on all things kettle bells. Literally everything from the easiest to the most difficult exercise and everything in-between.

2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Normally seen as a very expensive doorstop in most gyms :)

Grond likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Ones way cheaper, more easily adjustable, and more practical

But the other had a slick Soviet truth bender marketing it comrade

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

axelb likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Seated kettlebell exercises. So hot right now. Seated kettlebell exercises. Make sure it sinks in, this guy shows 37 exercises in less than two minutes. My personal favorite are the one-armed rows. I did about two hundred yesterday and didn't even realize it until it was all over.

Dead_pool and Pretty In Pink like this.
  7. Pretty In Pink

I have some kettle bells. This is really just so I can find resources.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I don't recommend these to kettlebell newbies, but once you've gotten it down, cardiokettles! Be careful though, without a decent foundation you can easily hurt yourself swinging kettlebells around. Slow and steady wins the race.

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

These were the original two of the comrades students and both have fighter coaching experience

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Dan John has some routines with kettlebells, swings especially. he has a youtube channel you could look through for ideas.

There's a guy on Facebook and Youtube called Pat Flynn, who collaborates on a podcast with Dan John. Pat's stuff is well worth a look; he publishes a ton of free workouts so you have access to easy variety.

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Depending on how simple you want to make it,

I like simple, means I actually do it.

Just do double hand swings, for time, start with equal time to rest, adjust from there.

Add in rows for time, same as above.

Then Press for time.

Or this but use a KB.

Tom DeBlass & Saulo Ribeiro's Easy Plate Workout For BJJ

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Blast from the past !! I remember when Steve Maxwell brought out the original weight plate dvd (might even be a bus lmao) workout with saulo for functional strength, this was after steves functional sandbag stuff but before his functional kettle bells stuff :):p:D

Good times seeing how many times someone can get on a fitness band wagon, reminds me of Matt furey only with less momey

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Dead_pool

I'd forgotten about all the bandwagon dvd sales adverts on that site!!

I'm pretty sure deblass's secret is the same as Gordon Ryan's.... And it's not humble lion extract!

15. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Yep I'm sure Gordon grew so quickly due to wholesome training, milk and the American way of life
    :);)
    Indirectly all these fitness fads can be traced back to Furey when, people realised he made millions from selling basically three bodyweight exercises which were out there for free they all wanted a piece :)

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  16. Pretty In Pink

I struggle to like Deblass. He's humble in the loudest way possible.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  17. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Some of his instructional are very good, the kimura dvd set for example, but yeah the whole I've only been subbed twice and never had my guard passed is a bit annoying

Dead_pool likes this.
  18. Dead_pool

The guys a douche bag, good instructor though, so whilst I'll never give him any money, I will watch him for free.

Same for all of the current DDS really.

Lachlan Giles however, is both a great guy, with excellent instruction, so that's where my money's going from now on.

19. Dead_pool

Don't add him on IG then, he's a billion times worse on there, although the running Reddit commentary about his IG content is hilarious!

20. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Just the name DDS sends alarm bells ringing, the whole squad makes Giles and Jones seem humble polite and nice in comparison, and they are Australians lol

Dead_pool likes this.