KenpoJujitsu

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by hanshiboren, Dec 22, 2011.

1. hanshiboren

hanshiboren New Member

What is Kenpo Jujitsu (Kenaikijujitsuryu)?

It's a complete art that is 50% feet and 50% hands. It's a idealistic self defense system. We teach a true “Mixed Martial Arts”. Specialized classes are offered for men, women and children and private lessons are available. For a reasonable fee you can enroll in a Martial Art lesson program designed to provide physical fitness that will improve your stamina, balance, coordination and strength. You will also learn practical, safe self-defense that has the additional advantage of developing your self-confidence in everyday life.

There are hundreds of different styles of martial arts around the world, and choosing the one to study is very important. Kenpo Karate is not a sport, it is a scientific art where we are learning to protect ourselves in the event of an attack. Kenpo-Jujitsu is realistic, and down to earth. Kenpo- Jujitsu employs sound logic and scientific theoretical innovations not used in other systems. This is a modern self-defense art, featuring unusually fast hand and foot combinations that are very practical to be learned by ANY person. You DO NOT need to be an athlete or extremely flexible to master the art of Ken Aiki Jujitsu Ryu (kenpo-jujitsu).

2. blindside

blindside Valued Member

That is quite a claim, can you name some examples of "scientific theoretical innovations" that aren't used in other systems?

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Given that the only other martial arts claiming to be based on solid science (as opposed to all other systems, which presumably base their methods on simply what looks pretty?) are choi kwang do and Rick Tew's martial science (aka bad ninjutsu), I'm not exactly holding out much hope here!

I'm also put off by the instructor bio for this system, which lists him as a 4th dan or higher in about 8 different systems...

4. masterPain

masterPain Valued Member

Sounds more like an ad for Kempo Jujutsu than an explanation of what it is. It is a blend Okinawan striking and joint manipulation from Aikijujutsu.The main fighting stances used are fairly natural and strikes come from a high guard. Punches are not chambered at the hip like in many karate styles. The ideal use of kempo jujutsu is to defend an attack, strike, disrupt balance, and control the attacker with a lock. Locks are used to set up strikes and strikes are used to set up locks.

The aikijujutsu base makes it good for defending against a knife or club. Much of the art involves controlling the weapon arm of an attacker.

It tends to be a defensive art, relying on counterattacks. for a complete self defense art, it would be best to crosstrain in a ground grappling art like Judo, BJJ or Sambo. Taught by a good teacher, it's a great stand up art that excels at transitioning between kicking, punching trapping and grappling. Taught by a bad teacher, it;s just theory.

as with any art, you don't have to be athletic to benefit from it, but it sure does help.

5. slapjitsu

slapjitsu Banned Banned

Is there any difference between Kenpo and Kempo jujitsu?

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A modern hash-up designed to appeal to the uneducated lazy masses and give them a load of ineffectual cack that they had better pray they never have to use

What do I win? Or is it not a quiz....?

I doubt it

Wow 2 hands AND 2 feet - revolutionary!

You mean you rehearse idelaistic scenarios and respnd accordingly - I figured as much

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No

Advertisement space is available ata reasonable cost - hand in pocket you skinflint

I could not agree more

Not off to a good start here....

Whereas I just offer them a shiatsu and a rub down....

Horsecrap - you are either deluded a liar or both

Translation: We are out of shape so we expect nothing less from our students

There are so many alarm bells going off in my pile of crap detector right now I have to take the batteries out

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  7. Hannibal

8. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I for one can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't sign up for this immediately:

http://westwindsmartialarts.com/ikjf/ikjf-school-programs/

For the record, the OP hasn't been back since posting his spam and run, but hopefully he'll take a look at some point and realise how silly it was...

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'm still getting over the name.......

:eek:

:whistle:

10. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Ha, agreed, Dean... although I'm wondering how it is "realistic" and based on "theoretical" aspects not found elsewhere. Surely if it's theoretical it's not known whether it's realistic? Or am I looking too hard for some logic here....

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

They misspelled "Academy" in their own school name. Not confidence inspiring.

12. Hannibal

Why is there always a really paunchy senior grade in Kenpo studios?

13. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

They add weight to any argument !!!!!

Boom boom

14. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Kenpo works best with backup mass.

15. thomasvince

thomasvince New Member

sound science

This name Kenpojujitsu was coined from an instructor in Hawaii named Professor Chow in it's original form. The origins came from Mitose who used the name kenpojujitsu in his advertising because noone recognized the word Kenpo as amartial art system in that time many knew what jujitsu meant. At this time in the development and tailoring of martial arts Kenpo was a new and unknown art. In reality it is less than 100 years old in the new world and is a refinement of ancient techniques. Kenpo is a modern term describing one of the more innovative systems of the martial arts which started in Hawaii, is heavly practiced now world wide. KEN means fist and PO means law. Because of Ed Parkers numerous contributions and innovative concepts and principles many of us Kenpo practictioners refer to Kenpo as Modern Day Kenpo. Many of th original jujitsu movements (removed by Parker) can be foound hidden in the forms and techniques by advanced practitioners.
    As far as science, well Parker had a way of describing a technique in a very scientific way using sound principles and concepts of logic and science. Maybe that is what he meant.

16. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I'd have to say Rick Tew is NO ninjutsu.

:hat:

17. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

50% hands and 50% feet does not a complete martial art make.

18. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Oh, sadly for those like me who read this thread now, the websites are not working... I would live to see, as Hannibal mentioned, the real life Ameridote :rolleyes: