Kenpo Ring

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Juego Todo, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

First of all, please forgive me if this has been asked before. I'm not a Kenpo practitioner, so thanks for your patience in advance. Please direct me in the right direction if this is an old question.

Having seen Jeff Speakman's "The Perfect Weapon" when it first came out in the early 1990's, I recall that he received a Tiger-Dragon ring upon receiving his black belt.

Is there such a ring?

Is this a traditional graduation practice within Ed Parker's Kenpo style?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'd really like to know. Please advise.

Thanks! :eek:

2. dsp921

dsp921 New Member

Yes there is such a ring, there are a few places that sell them. I've seen several ads in the back of various martial arts magazines. You can probably do a search and find them on the internet as well.
    I don't believe that the ring is given with the belt in the Parker system, or any system for that matter. I don't do Parker's system so I can't say for sure though.

3. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Look in Black Belt magazine, I am almost positive I have seen ads in there to get them.

...and be a dragon, not a tiger... :)

4. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking to buy one...not at all! First of all, I don't want to be a poser and, secondly, I don't deserve it :cry:

Really, I was just wondering if it's given with the black belt at graduation :)

P.S. Yeah, I've seen the ad somewhere in one of the MA mags, too :D

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

As far as I know the only thing traditionally given to a kenpo studetn upon reaching black belt is (other than a new belt) a good hard kick in the stomach. The higher the rank of the kicker the more prestigious the event.

6. kenpoist

kenpoist New Member

Check out TR Hawkinson for kenpo rings. This is the only site I have seen them.

7. lonekimono10

lonekimono10 New Member

got to let you know that the ring that was in the movie was only made for the move, but after all the hoopla from the move some people make them, i also have a kenpo ring that i give my student's but it is nothing like the one that you saw, anyway i just wanted to let you know about the THAT ring.