Kenpo 5.0

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Kenpo_Master, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Kenpo_Master

Kenpo_Master New Member

Hey has any one got the new kenpo 5.0 manuals or any thing? Because if you have any specific info on the techniques it would rule to get some from. My kenpo sisters and brothers so ya please and thank you. :woo:

2. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

What exactly is Kenpo 5.0? I have heard of it before and I thought it was the video training from Jeff Speakman. Please enlighten us on this.

3. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

I am still running Kenpo 4.5.1, I heard the upgrade is buggy. ;)

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I'm not bothering, everyone'll be upgrading to Kempo Vista next year anyway.

5. Kenpo_Dave

Kenpo_Dave Valued Member

6. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Ah, sounds pretty much like the modified Kenpo system I have been learning for the last couple years...Kenpo techniques with MMA style modifications and grappling skills added where applicable.

7. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Nice find. Speakman must be the black sheep of AK by now.

8. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

name me one Ak guy over 6th who ISN'T a "black sheep" by now to _somebody_ LOL depends on how you deifne the white sheep I guess hahaha

9. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Okay, so it's Speakman's new version of Knepo.Where do you train in it?

10. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  11. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Interestingly, I emailed that link to my instructor he wrote back saying some dude represting Speakman's system came to the gym a while back grilling him about how he is incorporating BJJ and kickboxing into Kenpo and all that stuff. The dude took a BJJ class and never came back.

Not saying anything is related, I just find it interesting.

12. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

One does not need to earn a high rank in a system to incorporate from it. All one needs is the ability to make it work. It dosen't matter where or how Speakman gets his technology. He's the Headmaster and puts and emphasis on continually evolving.

13. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

While personally I agree with you, that's going to set off a couple people around here.

14. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

I think more often than not, you can see through the smoke.

15. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

this idea worked for Bruce Lee...

16. Kenpo_Master

Kenpo_Master New Member

I am slowly learning the new system I am only a yellow belt so I am not really in any way able to explain. The new system but if you want to ask I guess you can try to find away to get ahole of Jeff Speakman Or Dan Pribbel.

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

You're not able to explain where you train in it?

18. Kenpo_Master

Kenpo_Master New Member

Oh I read your post wrong im sorry I learn at Lost Coast Kenpo. In Eureka it is a little place in California.

19. MattJ

MattJ New Member

Quote by Kenpo Master -

*snicker*

I know that is a spelling error.......but it's still funny. Yes, I'm 37 going on 11.

20. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

[voice=beavis]hehehehehehe, he said "ahole" hehehehehe[/voice]