Kempo schools in colorado

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Frost, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Frost

Frost New Member

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me the names of some good kempo schools in colorado, or some things that i should look for when trying to find a good school?

2. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Frost...stay away from USSD (United Studios of Self Defense). They are very pricey and I'm sure you can get bang for your buck elsewhere. Where in Colorado are you?

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

The group that I know of, have just had a big event and many will want to be showing what they have learned to others.
    This was the event and the person putting it on.

EVENT TITLE: The Rocky Mountain Summit
    WHEN: June 8th, 2007 10:36 - June 10th, 2007 10:36

Your are invited to attend the second annual Rocky Mountain Summit on June 9-10, 2007 in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado.

Learn from instructors, like Kyoshi Charles Garrett, Shihan Dave Greco and many more. The two day seminar is hosted by Moore Martial Arts, of Windsor Colorado and the Martial Arts Collective Society.

CONTACT: Shihan Jon Moore 970-686-1247 jon@mooremartialarts.com

You could contact Jon Moore, and see if it is something you are interested in, his school and the teaching that he does. He is in Windsor. He might be able to tell you a good school if he is not in your area.

Good luck,

Regards, Gary

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

5. Frost

Frost New Member

Thanks for all the responses its helped quite a bit. I live in Brighton right now which is about 20 miles north east of denver, but in about a month ill be up at CSU in Ft. Collins.

6. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

Frost,

Cheers to you! As an alumni of the CSU engineering College, I can tell you that it is a fantastic school and a fantastic choice that you will never regret! Enjoy it while it lasts!

There is actually a fairly decent selection of martial arts in Colorado. Since you will be in Ft Collins I would recommend going to the White Dragon (Pai Lum) Kung Fu school off of Elizabeth. Pai Lum is loosely based on Chinese Kempo but at its core the Pai family system is more on the Kung fu side. It is an easy walk from the dorms and Sifu Dill is a great and enthusiastic teacher. Sifu Dills teacher also has a school in Lakewood or Arvada or something, so you can start there if you wish and transfer up when you go to CSU.

There is also a school in the area called CCMA (Colorado Chapter of Modern Arnis)--They dont teach Kempo but have great programs in Northern Shaolin, Arnis, and the 3 main internal arts. CCMA is based in Greeley but there are groups of people in Ft Collins who carpool to Greeley for the Shaolin class which runs one time a week for 3 hours. There is also an internal class in Ft Collins and a non-credit 12-week intro course at CSU taught by one of the CCMA instructors.

If you have any questions about martial arts in Colorado, or want detalied info about the 2 schools mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact me here and Ill pass on my email address to you.

Regards,
    Josh