Kata refresher

Discussion in 'Karate' started by TheRover, Oct 23, 2002.

1. TheRover

TheRover New Member

Konichiwa,

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again, this site rocks, and I'm glad I found it!

I am a former student of Kobayashi-Ryu Shorin-Ryu. I trained for about six years, but it has been five years since that time (without training). I am eager to get back into martial arts (though who knows what style), and I figured a good place to start would be to work through my old kata, bringing them back to their pollished form.

Problem: I can't remember them all. Bits and pieces blur together. I am convinced that with a list of moves, I can rebuild, but I have no idea where to look.

Specifically, I would love to relearn the pinan katas. I always enjoyed my time with them, and always felt like I had more to learn from them.

Can you help a reborn student with no nearby sensei?

Thanks!
    B:confused:

2. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

hi ive got some videos of the pinan katas i downloaded of the net i cant remember the site but if u wnat them i can email em to you let me know

skc

4. Ohtar

Ohtar New Member

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

That kata site is pretty good, I downloaded them and made a Video CD out of them. Comes in really handy for practicising kata at home :)

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

There is a very good article on this kind of 'genialogical' approach to beating the **** out of people, and I can't do better than to point you to it at Rob Redmond's beautiful site