Karate Links

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Anth, Mar 19, 2005.

1. simi

simi Valued Member

2. marcnesk

marcnesk Valued Member

3. oldmam

oldmam Valued Member

4. J4/\/\!3 desu

J4/\/\!3 desu Valued Member

Hamate

I found this website very useful it has basics, combinations, kata and pair techniques for all grades. The katas can be viewed as a video, as separate images or words.
    www.hamate.co.uk

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

6. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

http://www.downloadkarate.com/index.asp?Sec_ID=351

some good vids on this website. TBH it's the website of my Sensei's Association, there's helpful vids with contributions from clubs in japan, and Camillio Shotokan in Cali, run my Sensei young. lots of stuff on Bunkai, and good kata and kumite advice for high kyu grades (6th-2nd kyu).

7. Meibukanadian

Meibukanadian Valued Member

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

A former Sensei of mine has written a book about his time training in Kyokushin and competing in knockdown.

It's [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Way-of-Knockdown-ebook/dp/B00CMQYP6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368025200&sr=1-1&keywords=the+way+of+knockdown"]available for Kindle/PC[/ame] if anyone is interested :)

Mitch

9. hext

hext Valued Member

is it any good Mitch?

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I only downloaded it yesterday so not read it yet. It's more a personal history of a British and International Open Kyokushim champion rather than a "how to do Knockdown" book I think.

I'll post again when I've finished it :)

Mitch

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  11. hext

hext Valued Member

That's cool, I prefer those type of books anyhow...far more interesting! If sent the free sample to my tablet for the kindle app so will check it out :)

12. Loughborough ENSHIN

Loughborough ENSHIN Valued Member

Thanks for posting this Mitch.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the reviews on Amazon.

Seems not everyone wants to read about 'naturals' and the story of someone who struggled a bit (me) rings a few bells.

:)

Gary

13. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Getting this one for kindle, seem right up my alley.

14. Loughborough ENSHIN

My thanks to everyone who bought it and for some great reviews on Amazon.co.uk

It seems to have hit the spot about perseverance being the key, not 'mere' talent.

Gary

15. Loughborough ENSHIN

Now available as a paperback. Thanks to everyone who has bought and reviewed it.

Gary

16. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Great. To have written a book in "book" format is always nice to have.