Karate Check In

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Saz, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Charm

Charm New Member

Hey all!

I'm currently a 3rd Kyu in wado-ryu karate (Sparkhill, Birmingham). I've been on this belt for a couple of years now since I am at uni in Manchester and so haven't been able to attend that many classes.

:yeleyes:

2. UlTi

UlTi Valued Member

Im Markus, and i just attended Kyokushinkai, and i like it :love:

3. kenposan

kenposan New Member

Okinawa Kenpo

My style is Okinawa Kenpo Karate. Currently nidan

4. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Hi guys.
    10 years of Chikarakai Karate-Do - 2nd Dan
    7 years Kenshukai Karate-Do - 2nd Dan

Chikarakai focuses more on Kata, while Kenshukai focuses more on Kumite.

James

5. Rurounin

Rurounin New Member

Hi there everyone! I've benn around in martial arts since i was 8 (17 years now!). I starded in Isshin-ryu, but i did it only for fun (got only to red belt)! Afterwords someone taked to me about Goju and i got interested! Tried it out and loved it!! They taught me the other aspect of martial arts (mental and philosophical) and taught me how to use my real strenght and endurance! The group had to be dissolved :cry: ...
    Then i went and try out in Shotokan!! I found a young Sensei by the name of Nuno Soeiro in which i saw a perfect example of how martial arts should be taught: strictness inside the Dojo but with companionship outside it!
    Been with him for 10 years now (i had to stop for almost two years because of my knees, 3 operations by now!! :bang: )!
    I teach at Aveiro University and am a Shodan! Also practise Kobudo!!! It is a wonderfull way to loose your body and mind a bit more!!

6. Kyria

Kyria New Member

Karateca Shotokan from JKA Portugal

Hey everyone! Nice to read you all!!

Well since I was 9 years old that I practice Karate Shotokan, now i'm 24... I'm 2º Dan Shotokan (Made directly by Sensei Enoeda - JKA)...I'm from Portugal and I live near Lisbon..

My DOJO belongs to ASKP (Portuguese Shotokan Karate Assocation), my Sensei is Pedro Carreiro (Sandan JKA and also...my brother :D :D ), we are also teached by Sensei Peté Pacheco the representative of JKA Portugal (Japan Karate Association in Portugal)...

It's nice to see other portugueses in here!!!
    Olá Karatecas compatriotas!!

OSS
    :love:
    Vanda Carreiro

7. Zertz

Zertz New Member

Shotokan Karate in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. Been in it for a bit now and am 5th Kyu (first purple).

8. kido

kido New Member

British Karate

Hi everyone,
    my name's steve and I'm a first Dan in Bushido Karate Kai under Shihan Les Kennedy. Bushido is a break off from traditional Wado Ryu and includes some Ju Jutsu. Any other British Karateka around????

9. Shotokan_leo

Shotokan_leo New Member

Me

hi i am shotokan_leo and i am currently training at Black Dragon Academy in India learning Shotokan Karate.

10. Cain

Cain New Member

Nice to have you guys/gals in here

shotokan leo, where in India are you from? ;)

|Cain|

11. ebrigham

ebrigham Valued Member

Just added Goju Ryu to my MA training schedule. Have about 4 years experience with Shotokan (stopped 8+ years ago).

12. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

renbukan

G-day as u can tell i come from the land down under and a fair dinkum aussie bloke i am anywho that enough intros for one day my brother (not regested) & i do renbukan karate :bang: probably the only style not practised in the northern hemesphere :Alien: mi bro is a 4th kye green belt and im a 5th kye green belt :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :woo: :bang: :cry: :eek:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  13. wizza

wizza New Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so I'll introduce myself, Wizza from Kent U.K Just started Ishinryu at Kidbrook dojo and Barking Hombu with Greg & Phil Francis Senseis. Love it to bits, passed first grading (was v nervous even at my age!). Rugby was my passion but did some Judo in the 70's, and Zen Shin Do Kai in mid 80's with Jon Alexander.Had a break of 20 years and took up running, did London and N.Y Marathons and took up the challenge of M.A this February, initially with GKR, decided that wasn't for me. Found out that I worked with a World Silver Medalist (Greg Francis sensei) and that's how I got involved with Ishinryu. That's me.

Wizza

14. Hage

Hage New Member

i am 1st kyu in full contact karate.my master has a 4th dan in shorenji kempo,has done professional boxing for 2 years and is a 5th dan in full contact karate.our basic training is full contact but we also train in kickboxing.

15. jamin1505au

jamin1505au New Member

Hiya all ,
    I'm a 3rd kyu (Brown) in Yamaguchi Goju Kai in Melbounre, Australia.
    Cheers
    Jamin

16. shawn

shawn New Member

Hello all,

I train in Ryu Te under Shihan Charles Peerson in Lansing Michigan. I initially trained under Shihan Peterson about 10 years ago when he taught Shorin Ryu and have recently (1 year ago) started training in Ryu Te. I am interested in seeing if anyone else on the discussion board has had any exposure to Ryu Te and your thoughts. For those unfamalier with Ryu Te checkout www.kushu.com

17. powerof0ne

powerof0ne Valued Member

hi

Brian from Seattle, WA USA
    Nidan in ****o Ryu(hayashi ha) under Scott Tschabold Godan
    Shodan in Chokushinkai under Alberto Ramirez Sandan
    Kru/instructor in Muay Thai under Master Toddy

18. Ultricity

Ultricity New Member

Kevin from Nova Scotia, Canada

1st Kyu Chito-Ryu under Michael Collins and Michael Dulaney, Halifax
    2nd Kyu Shotokan under David Pyke, Amherst
    6th Kyu Tae Kwon Do under Ken Mackenzie, Bedford

Currently I am studying Wado-Ryu under Joey Shano in Sackville. Alot of moving has been one of the main factors in my spotted martial career, however I am older now, settling down soon and wish to make Wado my home.

I will be grading for my 6th Kyu in Wado in the coming weeks. I wish only to do my best and make my instructor proud. It is interesting to note, that my instructor for Wado was a student (kids class) I taught in my Chito-Ryu days. Nice circle there.

19. Renbukan_Man

Renbukan_Man New Member

Renbukan Karate

Hi, I do renbukan.

Its really good and i'm a 5th kyu green belt. I train at the local PCYC and have been at it for 3.5 years. It was the first MA that i ever did and i think it is AWSOME. :woo: :cool: :woo:

P.S In case you were wondering i am related to Samuri-man up above. Its rather unfortunate really.

20. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Hi there everyone!

Other that what my dad has showed me of Shorin Ryu I've really only studied a very unorthdox style of Tae Kwon-Do for the past four years. However, since coming to university have enlisted in a few clubs, two of which are Karate.
    So I do Shotokan and Shotokai. I'm also hoping to compete in Shotokan tournaments.