Karate Check In

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Saz, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Ah, M23 territory.

You ain't too far from Global Moderator Melanie, or Topic Moderator Lilbunnyrabbit amongst others.

2. renshinkai

renshinkai New Member

My name's Jack Miller, and I'm 13 years old. I have been training with West London Renshinkai Karate Class for nearly five years. I think Renshinkai is a version based upon Shotokan, but I'm not sure. I am now 1st kyu and taking my black-belt grading in November. Looking forward to it.

3. heiwa

heiwa Valued Member

I study Nanbudo which in itself is not a form of Karate however our Founder Yoshinao Nanbu was a great Karate competitor in Japan in the 60s and helped bring Karate to Europe. Therefore we have some very close links to karate such as Sankukai who Doshu Nanbu founded before he evovled to Nanbudo.

I am a 2nd Dan and train in Scotland

OSSU

4. matsushorinryu

matsushorinryu New Member

My name is James. I currently study Shorin-Ryu in painted post, new york. I am a 4th kyu, but have been doing the style for about 6 years (i took a couple year long breaks when i was younger). I love the old styles and old ways of training. I have also studied jujitsu for a bit.

5. karate_fiend

karate_fiend New Member

my name is joe, i do shinsei kokoro do karate in paso robles california U.S im a red belt and have been training for about 2 years and i do philopino arnis stick fighting.

6. IFKQ80

IFKQ80 New Member

KyokushinKai

OSU!!

My name is Ali and I'm from Kuwait, the style I practice is KyokushinKai Karate(IFK) and I've been doing it for almost two years now ( 6 kyu yellow belt ). I every thing about KyokushinKai how it made me better in my mind, body and spirit and I alos love IFK ( International Federation of Karate ) with all respect to other styles and Organizations of course. My plane for this year is going to the UK for the BKK Summer camp I went there last year and it was great I hope I can make it this year too.

7. IFKQ80

IFKQ80 New Member

8. macoda

macoda New Member

Wado karate

Hello everyone,
    I'm Marinus I'm from
    the Netherlands,
    I started with karate almost
    a year ago, although
    its not a long time by now
    karate has become
    the most important thing in
    my life.

country; Netherlands
    city; Zeist
    style; Wado Karate
    Dojo; Tomodachi
    grade; 7th Kyu

It's great to be here :)

9. kevamania

kevamania Valued Member

Hi ,names Kevin,Im from Ireland .Training in Aikido since 97,doing karate a few months now,just graded to 9th kyu recently.Style is Wado ryu.

10. Bloke

Bloke Finally got married bloke

Kyokushin

Hi everyone. My name is Shane and I study Kyokushin Karate here in Ireland. I have been training for 18 years now and at present I am staring to prepare some fighters for the BKK open Knockdown in London in October.

Look forward to contributing here.

Osu!

11. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Alright Mate welcome to map.

12. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

hey, my name's joe, i'm a 4th kyu in goju ryu. I'm from england and my sensei's name is kevin thompson. i also did shotokan in the same up until my last grading, but we've decided to just do goju ryu from now on.

13. BushidoUK

BushidoUK Weston Martial Arts

Hi all
    Im currently training in a freestyle system of karate, a mix of shotakan and zankido ryu ju jitsu, emphasising self defence and traditionalism (if there is such a thing!) rather than competition.
    I presently hold a 3rd dan in this and I have started a club in Leeds, UK where I teach a small handful of students.
    to learn more look at my website...
    hope to speak to u all at some point

14. Agoudie57

Agoudie57 New Member

We r two 1st Dans, part of Shikon/UKA
    live in Oxford, UK

Amy and Alice Goudie
    xxx

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Nice to meet you guys, hope to see you around the site :)

|Cain|

16. BigJoe15

BigJoe15 New Member

Im Joe I study sankukai karate in nottingham UK. Sankukai is a slightly more rare style than most, it contains elements of aikido and emphisises fast fluid movements and escapes.

17. Kanku

Kanku New Member

Shodan in shotokan (JKA) Been training since 1998, am currently interested in weapons training and advanced Kata applications. I have also dabbled in other martial arts such as Aikido, Tai Chi, Judo and Wing chun. So I suppose I am more of a MMA than TMA.
    :cool:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  18. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

I'm Chris, I'm going to be a green belt in a week and a half (that's the 3rd grading in my club) The style at my club is Kosho-ryu but the other sensi is also a black belt in aiki-jujitsu, so we get some of that too.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  19. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

I learned bando karate for a while, but asked for different instruction. Ill go back to it though, when im 'ready'

20. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

hi everyone, i'm alex.

i study isshinryu karate. it was gradually founded by tatsuo shimabuku after world war ii and formally introduced in january of 1954. as an empty hand system, it primarily borrows from shorin ryu as it was taught by chotoku kyan, but it adds some of the goju ryu taught by chojun miyagi to add some strength to shorin ryu's mobility. as far as weapons goes, it incorparates three bo kata, two sai kata, and one tonfa kata. some isshinryu schools teach weapons beyod that, but mine does not. as many here know, isshinryu is known for its vertical fist with the thumb on top. its also a very simple style, that looks for the simplest way to stop an attack.
    i just recently attained the rank of sho-dan in isshinryu.