Kali

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LeeGreg89, Jan 1, 2004.

1. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Hey Happy New Year guys. Im gonna start Kali soon and I want to know what consists of Kali and what I will be seeing
    THanks

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Google > filipino martial arts kali

3. KAMUT LIHOK

KAMUT LIHOK New Member

what style/system of kali will u taking?

4. YODA

5. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Yes What Yoda said is this in affective Ma what weapons will I be dealing with
    and is there a belk ranks

6. Toine

Toine New Member

mainly single or double stick (+-70cm), but sticks of other lenghts are also dealt with. you'll also use knives and probably also other bladed weapens

7. YODA

There's a good chance your Kali training will be designed to enhance your unarmed fighting attributes rather than actually teach you to fight well with weapons.

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

What style of Kali

Inosanto Blend.

Do a search on Ebay.com for "Dan Inosanto" buy Vol. 1 of Danny Inosanto's "Filipino Martial Arts" tapes series. They're usually available for around $20, including s/h. This is an overview tape and will give you a good idea of what the system looks like.

I met Danny Anderson a few years ago in NYC and he's a nice guy. I believe that he studied with Terry Gibson in the Midwest, and also more recently with Dong Cuesta (Doce Pares) and Billy McGrath (Pekiti Tirsia Arnis).

Best,

Steve Lamade

9. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Wha part of NYc u from
    or wha street

10. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member