Kajukenbo "The original MMA"

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

What about knee breaks? <pirate voice> Where be the knee breaks. Arrrgggg </pirate voice>

2. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

3. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

How high skill do you have to be? The Three Stooges could pull these off.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Yea unfortunatly I think so. Some are and some arn't but this is confirming what has been mentioned by others and it is pretty much a very sad continuation, of the story.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you that though. If you did not already suspect it, or maybe you are just one of the good old boys within an organization that has its own delusion's.

Maybe you think it's only me, I am not sure. If you were not always so untiring at poking at all the other arts and not looking at the one you joined of late.

Being in an organization means you cannot tell the truth it seems to me, when I go to a location and talk to various persons they are very truthful, but then some of them will say with a prep, I'll deny I mentioned it if you say I said it.

Just so you know I am not against any of the organizations and all the hard work that people do and the fine thing done. But to many stories are really where I am at as far as this topic is concerned. As I mentioned in the first post John Bishop said it in the preface and I believe him.

Gary

5. SifuJason

SifuJason Valued Member

Why do you assume your ruleset is superior to ours. We spar ~30 minutes per class. The rest is devoted to a variety of activities. Some of it is bag work, some of it is pre-rehearsed techniques that we amp up over time. As for not training techniques that can't be done at full force--why can't you do the techniques at medium force? We rarely spar full contact amongst lower belts--the risk of injury is too great. Medium contact is fine, and we can knee each other in the nuts all we want.

So it sounds like to me the only training you do is sparring. No bag work, no practicing at all on compliant people to learn the technique, nothing but pure sparring.

6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

John said Chow was delusional in his preface? You must have got the secret "Inner Circle" copy.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  7. Nuck Chorris

When oh when do you have time for the Lion Dancing though? I mean you guys must live down at the dojo to have time to jump rope for an hour, and then hit the bag, shovel snow, spar, cup check...no time for the lions :confused: :confused: :confused:

SO hey Danjo! Those clips are amazing. He is way skilled to just slam those two guys together.

Gary: You're right about Chow. I think he was crazy too. Anyone who would have left a genious like Mitose to do his own thing had to be off his rocker. We need more people like Bruce J around; that way we can all learn from their example of honesty. And I think you are right too about the money thing. I think Chow may have sold belts! You know what...I heard he died RICH! SO RICH THAT HE HAD MONEY UNDER HIS BED! I don't have money under my bed. I can't imagine that kind of wealth. It boggles the mind.

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Didn't I hear that he owned his own amusement park with a pet monkey on it?

9. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Hey! I don't see a clip of YOU slamming anyone together!

10. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

that guy is over 60 and is still a Special US Marshall serving high-risk warrants in south central LA for a living. Taking bad-ass mofos off the street is his daily job.

You can watch 10 second video clips and read what the junior sport grapplers at bullshito have to say or you can go train with the guy... which path would give you a better assessment?

For all I know, you prefer to make assessments from watching videos and reading what teenagers write on the internet. if so, that's your choice good luck with that. It is far far easier, less painful and a good deal cheaper.

Me, I prefer to be a little smarter about it. I went to his school for a week and trained with him and his students so that I could find out, for myself, with the evidence of my own sweat and blood. And I can honestly say that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean you are the guy that said traiing for sport fighting and for self-defense are 99% the same right? So you clearly have no frame of reference to assess what he does anyway.

11. GIJoe6186

GIJoe6186 Valued Member

Its not sport fighitng anymore then Judo is.

MMA is a training method first, competition second.

Also, anyone of you deadly guys could have gone into UFC 1-10, when there were only two rules :no eye gouge and no biting. None of it worked.

There is evidence to support that dirty tactics dont work and are low percentage.

Eye gouges didnt stop Yuko Nakai. Bites didnt stop Renzo Gracie. People stuck fingers into cuts to open them more. People bit, people kicked and punched the groin. It didnt work. Why is this hard to understand?

Many videos on the internet of fights dont have bites and eye gouges and all of that. It doesnt work.

Where is any of your proof that it does? We have video evidence and tons of it. What about you.

12. Nuck Chorris

Since when is 60 old? He is fat yes. But old, I dunno. I heard 60 was the new 30 anyways. If he kicks so much okole, then why is he feel the need to misrepresent himself by doing stuff like that? What, you gonna show me some video of him breaking some bricks now too and tell me how powerful he is?

I am not impressed by someone who can slap themselves or beat the snot out of their compliant partners. Give me some resistance in your training and I will start to pay attention. In all honesty, that stuff was a fricken sham. That's why it was put up here on this thread. Cause it is FUNNY. Like two boy dogs humping funny. Something deep down just makes you want to laugh at videos like that.

As far as going to train with him. Not gonna waste my time. Sorry to hear that you got fooled. Well, no. I am not sorry. I stopped feeling sorry for suckers like you a while ago.

13. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Wow..glad to see everyone in Kenpo/Kempo getting along once again :rolleyes:

14. Nuck Chorris

If you can't yell at your own family...then what good are they?

15. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Yeah, I can see how that has improved eveyone's kempo/kenpo....

16. 14 Kempo

14 Kempo Valued Member

Sorry to butt in on all the fun, but I need to ask a question or two or more,
    Where the hell do some of you people live that you have been in a dozen or so fights?
    Are you walking through bad parts of town with $100 bills hanging out of your pockets?
    Are you just so rude to people that they want to kill you? Even though, if you study the arts for many years, you must portray yourself as a fairly confident person ... especially if you have had so many "real" experiences.

Anyway, I don't know and haven't known anyone throughout my lifetime, even those that were the bullies of all bullies in middle and high school, that have had that many fights, other than professional fighters. So I just had to ask. Maybe it's just the civil lifestyle of Orange and San Diego Counties, California or maybe it's my training which teaches me to not put myself in such situations where there is danger. Again, just had to ask.

17. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi Nuck,
    Gary: You're right about Chow. I think he was crazy too. Anyone who would have left a genious like Mitose to do his own thing had to be off his rocker. We need more people like Bruce J around; that way we can all learn from their example of honesty. And I think you are right too about the money thing. I think Chow may have sold belts! You know what...I heard he died RICH! SO RICH THAT HE HAD MONEY UNDER HIS BED! I don't have money under my bed. I can't imagine that kind of wealth. It boggles the mind.

I'll add,
    I was giving you an out and you took it, what I ment by all that, is inner circle stuff. :Alien: Actually Chow was a good MA. I think we both agree on the whole business (inner circle talk is cool).

Yea, Chow was sort of eccentric. But I am also :D Mitose was a genuis so was Chow, so is/was Sijo Emperado, me I am just very smart...Forget the genuis stuff, to close to the other side :eek:

John did not mention much about Chow, but he should have.

Zero is an interesting number, but how did you come up with that? Since it is not true about anything you mentioned :confused:

Gary ;)

18. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

stupid stupid decisions....in short I had a lot of hot-headed italian friends and family who would go out and get me suckered into trouble. Lots of house parties going down unfavorable routes. Haven't been in a "str33t" fight in a couple years now, and I enjoy keeping it that way. Hitting people on padded floors with protective gear on is much more enjoyable.

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Bouncing in redneck and biker bars and working concert security off and on between 1986 and 1990 allowed me to see numerous fights and participate in a few as far as stopping them goes. I have been breaking up an average of four to six fights per year for the past 9 years where I work. Nothing earth-shattering there though. When I was much younger, I used to look for fights and usually found someone willing to oblige me. People would be dancing inside, and I'd be fighting in the parking lot. (those weren't life and death ones though) Now I'd rather dance most of the time. :)

20. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Dan(jo)....at my school we got a term for inefficient, impractical or low percentage techniques. They're called "lemons." And there's lots of fun ways to play with that term in class:
    "Ya like suckin on those lemons?"
    "What are ya doin? Makin lemonade over there?"
    "Hey I thought this was a Jiu-Jitsu school, not a lemonade stand!"
    "Get those lemons out of here! I'm feelin' sour enough as it is just lookin' atcha!"

Now Dan, nearly everything I've learned in Ke?po has been lemons. Nearly everything I've seen of other Ke?po in the area has been lemons. Everything I see online of Ke?po amounts to nothing but a tall glass of lemonade.

Those videos of Chapel...what's the point of him? How it is anything more than an act of masturbation to engage in techniques like that, where you jump around like a jackass pretending to snap the neck of a fallen uke? What skill is being developed? You argued with me before that not only does Liddell use combo's, but he numbers them to help him remember them. And what do those combos look like? Something he can DRILL so he benefits ability-wise, adding tools he can readily use to his toolbox rather than just filling it with junk and lemons.

No I don't spar all the time. But everything MUST be applied in sparring else it should just be deemed as useless, because as Jason keeps saying, you fight how you train. And if you don't use your stuff when you train (LIVE) then you ain't using it when it counts either, unless of course your opponent is a bigger lemon than you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.