Kacem Zoughari 2013 Austin TX

Discussion in 'Event promotion forum' started by noname, Jun 7, 2013.

1. noname

noname Valued Member

Hello All,

Dr. Kacem Zoughari will be returning to Austin, TX this year to teach. If you are interested, please read the following in its entirety.

Below you will find the event details. At the bottom of this post you will find a link to my website, which provides the same information, as well as a contact email in case anyone has questions. Please include "Kacem Seminar 2013" in the subject line.

I apologize in advance if there is trouble accessing the website. I myself seem unable to access it. I am working to resolve this issue.

Date - August 3rd & 4th, 2013

Time - 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM both days, with a break for lunch

Location - 937 Reinli St. Unit 24, Austin, TX, 78751

Instructor - Dr. Kacem Zoughari

Theme - Gyokko Ryu and Koto Ryu together, along with ken, bo, and hanbo

Cost - $100 per day, for a maximum of $200 for both days

Payment Method - Cash is accepted in person at the dojo at any time prior to participating in the training. Checks/Money Orders must be received by July 29th so that there is sufficient time for them to clear. You will not be allowed to participate in training until the check clears.

Refund Policy - Refunds will ONLY be given in the event that the seminar is cancelled. And just FYI, a 0 attendance rate will not result in the seminar being cancelled. In that case, it will simply be Kacem and myself.

Training Materials - full black gi, indoor/outdoor tabi (or similarly flexible footwear), bokken, bo, hanbo, and note taking materials.

The number of participants, not including Kacem, will be capped at 16. This means that, excluding myself and Kacem, 15 people may attend.

www.suichodojo.com (please be patient if you cannot access it)

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me. Since the website is experiencing difficulty, and the admin account is probably down as well, please email me at the following address:

samzavaletta@yahoo.com

For anyone coming from out of town, there is a hotel literally 100 meters from my dojo. A Google search should give you all the details.

Please let me know if I have neglected to include a necessary piece of information.

Best regards,
    Samuel Zavaletta

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

This advert has been paid for and is therefore within the advertising rules.

If anyone wants further information, please post here or contact noname through any of the usual channels.

3. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Surprised to see a paid advert for a known quantity with a fanatical (I mean that in the nicest way) following. Would have thought a more networked approach would be more successful, especially with the low attendance cap.

In NY the seminars are secret and the general Bujinkan community is not invited. Wondering why this approach was taken?

Btw I'd certainly recommend attending.

4. noname

noname Valued Member

:)

The nature of it probably says more about myself than anyone else.

As for secrecy, I know nothing of that. I've been to his seminars several times in NY state.

As for the low attendance cap, I prefer it that way. It gives Kacem more time to instruct in greater detail, which exponentially increases the return on investment.

Dang, Wall Street joke. :bang:

Anyone who has felt unsatisfied at the larger seminars might consider attending.

Perhaps I should mention, however, that this is a real floor (as in rock-hard), and I'm still oscillating on whether to buy matts or not.

Those who have cultivated certain bad habits (like slapping the floor with either leg or foot) would not do well on such a surface.

Then again, those who have cultivated certain bad habits will learn VERY quickly the error of their ways.

:hat:

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Better learning experience if they can train safer then.

They can improve ukemi on their own time.

6. noname

noname Valued Member

:)

I'll probably end up having a portion of it matted.

But there won't be enough for all 16 to be on it.....unless we like each other real nice I suppose.

:eek: :evil:

7. noname

noname Valued Member

Promotional Video

Please note that a promotional video has been uploaded to my website at:

www.suichodojo.com

Furthermore, it appears that Yahoo has gotten its act in order, so the site is accessible now.

Best wishes,
    Sam Zavaletta

8. noname

noname Valued Member

Update: Matts

Please note that there will be plenty of matt on the floor, just in case.

Dean Winchester does make a good point. Better safe than sorry for such an event, I suppose.

:hat:

If anyone has any particular recommendations for a good brand, feel free to email me.

Many thanks, and I hope some of you can attend. The training will be excellent.

9. noname

noname Valued Member

Modification

Actually it has been determined that matts are unnecessary.

Stone floor it is then.

Cheers!

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Thanks for the update.

11. noname

noname Valued Member

email update

Since Yahoo seems to be functioning again, I would direct any further inquiries concerning the seminar to:

admin@suichodojo.com

Many thanks.