K-1 oceania

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

[​IMG]

big respecta to k-1fans for the image as always

This is a HUGE event for new zealand, big international fighters and a chance for our boys to show the world their stuff. guys like Jason Suttie, Peter Graham and Paul Slowinski have never had a shot in the k-1 even though Suttie is a legend of kickboxing with titles from super middleweight to superheavyweight, and Graham is one of the few that has beaten Mark Hunt. it will also be the first time Ray has fought in NZ for I think 6 years.

And the best thing is that Ill be there LIVE cheering on our boys to smash those dirty out of towners :D I almost feel sorry for Abidi, if he gets past the first round he is going to fight either Jason Suttie or Pola Maetele both of whom are absolute monsters and will maul him BAD.

My predictions-

Abidi vs Hori= abidi
    Jason vs Pola= Jason
    Hari vs Graham= Graham
    Slowinski vs Rony= Slowinski

Abidi vs Jason= Jason (by horrible disfiguring KO)
    Graham vs Slowinski= Slowinski

Jason vs Slowinski= my heart says Suttie but my head says Slowinski... i cant decide this one

Sefo vs botha= Sefo by a country mile
    Schilt vs Aerts= Schilt by KO

2. Well, have fun! [cough]lucky sod[/cough]

3. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Damn, that looks like a great event. We have a similar upcoming event on the 13th of may at the Amsterdam Arena.

I'm thinking of going, it's one day before my birthday.

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

holy crap, next time im putting money down. results-

Hori vs Abidi= Abidi came in with an ankle injury and it didnt take long for Hori to spot it and go to town... it was painful to watch and his corner had to throw the towel in at the beginning of the third round. he got a huge ovation frmo the crowd though for continuing to fight in the second, what a warrior.

Suttie vs Pola= Suttie came out in the first round fists flying and put the fear of god into Pola, who just kept getting tagged. second round was Polas as he got more confident, but in the third Suttie had figured out Polas attacks and was countering everything he threw. Split decision to Suttie.

Hari vs Graham= fight of the night easily. at the press conference Hari had been talking trash to Graham, saying he was too old for the sport- and even started a fight after the conference in the hallway! Badr hari was getting the best of graham in the first and second rounds with his incredible speed, but right at the end of the second Graham put him down with a rolling thunder (his trademark move, a rolling spinning back kick- only guy ive seen who can land this regularly)

Graham started the final round well and they both took some big hits, but Graham was definitely behind on points (the down in the second hadnt been counted for some crazy reason) so right in the final 5 seconds he throws another and it connects FLUSH with Haris jaw, breaking it, and knocking him out for what seemed like ages. must have been 5 minutes at least, longest ive ever seen anyone out for. crowd went nuts. I would also like to point out that I MADE THIS PREDICTION on k-1fans.com when everyone was saying Graham didnt stand a chance. so nyah!

Slowinski vs Rony Sefo= Textbook asswhupping from Slowinski. he played smart and didnt get into a brawl with Sefo, instead he stayed out of the shorter fighters range and brutalised him with leg kicks. the smacking sound resonated around the arena, made me hurt just watching. Slowinski by easy points decision.

SEMI FINALS-

Suttie vs Hori= Hori is a 6'6 southpaw and Suttie is a 5'11 overblown middleweight so this was always gonna be tricky for him. Hori was frustrating suttie in the first 2 rounds with constant roundhouse kicks keeping the shorter fighter out of range, but in the third he got too predictable and paid for it with a BIG counter right hand. he was out cold for a loooong time.

Slowinski vs Graham= Graham came out swinging in this one but once again the muay thai stylist Slowinski went to work on Grahams legs. it soon became apparent that Graham had taken too much damage in his previous fight and made the fatal mistake of wincing after a particularly hard kick. Slowinski spotted that and just went to town, clobbering Grahams legs until they gave way. Slowinski by KO.

FINAL FIGHT= At this stage I was pretty sure Slowinski was going to win. Suttie was coming into this after two brutal 3 round fights, not to mention having been in a motorbike accident 6 weeks earlier which put him out of training until one week before the fight (he was still covered in bandages going into the fights) while Slowinski had fairly easy wins over Graham and Sefo. Sure enough he once again went to work on Sutties legs scoring over and over on the much shorter fighter. Suttie fought hard but then in the second Slowinski switched targets for the head and Suttie went down. for some reason the ref decided not to apply a count and to just stop the fight, but i felt he could have made it back up before the end of the ten count. although he had taken a lot of punishment and was not going to win this fight. We will see how Slowinski does in the k-1 eliminations at the end of the year!

Semmy vs Schilt- worst fight of the night. Semmy put o a horrible display of just clinching throughout round 2 and 3, finally being given two yellow cards for it. Aerts looked fit and active landing some bog overhands on Semmy to take a decision win.

Sefo vs botha- a one sided beatdown, but a lot of cameraderie showed by both fighters. Sefo showed some fancy kicks here with spinning and axe kicks, as well as hard and sharp leg kicks and big punches. to his credit botha seemed unphased by Sefos attacks, but could mount no kind of offense and lost an easy decision.

5. Sorry, that made me chuckle :p Sounds a great event though.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

heh, too late to edit it now. would be an interesting fight though, wonder if the ring could support schilt and his clone going at it :D

7. K-1 : Return of the clones.

I think schilt would win :p

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Great writeups Ikken Im going pop over to K1 fans to get (and REPOST) the fights now.

9. imperial_guardz

imperial_guardz Master In Training

ahahah when i read the subject title, I was thinking of one person, ocean kayaking...hahaha