K-1 Bout from Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Filmed by my little brother with his GoPro. He's a blossoming documentary film maker :D

Fish Of Doom, Dylan9d, Dunc and 7 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Fantastic and a really good video.

Nice to have the insight before and after the fight and the work in the corner. Really well done.

As for the fight I thought you looked relaxed. No wasted or nervous movements and that comes from your experience.

Congratulations.

Pretty In Pink and axelb like this.
  3. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I like how you seem constantly just out of his reach, evading a lot of his strikes, while coming in & out to land on him. You also clinch up with him when he rushes you, and seem to come out ahead in those exchanges too for the most part. Nice leg kicks.

Pretty In Pink and axelb like this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Oooh those leg kicks! :eek: :D well timed and chopping them in whilst covering the top for great effect.

Always a shame when you have a drop out at short notice, but it looks like you had a good fight from the guy stepping in place! Plenty of confidence from you in the cage.

What do you feel you learnt from your experience, any plans for more k1?

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  5. Pretty In Pink

Good questions! I actually learnt loads. One of the big things was actually watching other guys fight. They didn't jab at all and they were wasting so much energy and missing. I really wanted to take my time and get through all the rounds. That's the best I've performed in terms of striking.

Mushroom, Knee Rider and axelb like this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

Cheers. Was just trying to play the range game. He was trying to get range with leg stomps but I've experienced that one a lot in sparring. His boxing was alright but heavy May Thai so almost no jabbing. Made it easier to see what was coming.

Some things I was happy with were the leg kicks, more the fact that I was so confident I would get them when I did attack rather than the actual kick. It's a technique I use a lot because people don't attack the back leg like that nearly as much as the front. I also liked my switch kicks, fake the switch kick and throw a left cross instead. Done that a few times.

Some things I didn't like was a lack of combos, my feet being too close together, my cardio, and my neaves.

I feel if I had improved my cardio I could have gotten a knockout quickly at multiple times. I was trying to conserve energy and adrenaline so that I didn't gasee. Honestly when you're in a cage it's like all your muscles suddenly have resistance bands on.

The lack of combinations mostly came from cardio too. It felt okay and I looked good but if I'd been even fitter I would have done better.

General footwork was okay, but sometimes my feet are stuck together. Not a problem in K-1 but in MMA I'd get taken down instantly. Need a slightly more "ready" stance all the time. Legs slightly wider apart.

And finally my range with my hands was annoying to watch in the video. Not enough twisting of the upper body annoying nd I'm pretty sure my chin was up when jabbing. I just hate how awkward I look in general.

Knee Rider likes this.
  7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Loving those knees. There's a few times, you bailed on some kicks. You stepped forward and literally stopped. Were they deliberate feints, or were the targets no longer viable? Difficult to see from this angle.

Also at 4min 10s. I was hoping you would've thrown a right round kick to the head :p

Great vid.

8. Pretty In Pink

Target wasn't there or I thought I'd get countered.

Mushroom likes this.
  9. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Them lowkicks man, nice, very nice!

I do think that you should focus on one ruleset, and what I mean, train for K1 or train for MMA and I think you can get pretty far. Your a good patient fighter that make use of the mistakes of your opponent, that's what I saw in your video, well done.

Maybe turn the volume of Fortnite down a bit at the end of the video hahaha:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  10. Pretty In Pink

Cheers. I'll be sticking with MMA for now. At this level it doesn't matter too much which one I fight in I think, because it's all just combat sports to me.

My little brother loves that game :D

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Tell him there should be a singular possessive apostrophe after "Tom". :D

Pretty In Pink and Knee Rider like this.
  12. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

His opponent was probably seeing double so I'd say the plural 's' is perhaps not entirely inaccurate :D

Simon likes this.
  13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It's common to think this, even when you actually have a viable shot.

Sometimes we think too much about what will come back rather than just throwing the shots we should.

14. Pretty In Pink

Yeah I can believe that. Just put it down to inexperience. Also wastes energy.