JWT's Jumps

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by John Titchen, Sep 27, 2011.

1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Monday 23 October

Breakfast:
    1 cup white tea
    1 banana, 8 almonds, 9 brazil nuts, 125g total greek yoghurt

20 minute dog walk to butchers

Lunch:
    Cornish Pasty from the butcher

50m carrying the airedale

1 cup white coffee

2 sets weighted abdominal leg extension exercise
    Evening meal:
    3 sausages (baked), creamy and buttery mash, brocoli, carrot, spinach, onion and beer gravy
    1 cornish pasty
    1 peroni
    1 glass red wine
    1 white coffee

2 pints water

This was meant to be a day for training explosive arm and leg movements and DART drills. Unfortunately the dog's hind legs gave way straight after lunch and she was unable to walk and barely able to stand, so I had to take her to the vets for an examination. She's now walking tentatively following an anaesthetic and is on a strict rest regime (no walks for a week and garden trips only on a lead). As she chose to sleep off the shock in my normal training space, and I didn't want to disturb her with jumping jacks and clapping press ups, my exercise has gone on the back burner today. I can't do any drills without her picking up the violent vibes.

2. John Titchen

Tuesday 25 October

Breakfast:
    Fried chipped potatoes, 3 rashers bacon and 2 fried eggs.
    1 cup white tea

Lunch:
    3 sausage Toad in the hole
    Serving wilted spinach
    1 pint water
    2 cups white coffee

Evening meal:
    1 banana
    1/2 block halloumi
    1 pint water

1 hour coaching DART - light movement
    20 minutes continuous wrestling with other coach

1 pint Guinness
    1 pint water

Wednesday 26 October
    Rest day

Breakfast:
    1 banana, 7 almonds, 8 brazil nuts, cup of white tea
    1 cup white coffee

Lunch:
    1/2 block grilled halloumi, 2 grilled rashers bacon, portion of wilted spinach
    1 pint water

1 set pull ups in Hoplite Armour (see members workout thread)
    1 set (each side) slow kicking exercise
    2 sets leg extension abdominal exercise

Evening meal:
    2 salmon fillets baked with cherry tomatoes, broccoli, black olives, anchovies and olive oil
    1 glass white wine

So...
    that's one month of my diet and training. It's not been the best month, at this time of year I always have to put DART and personal training/research on the back burner for my other job.

If anyone's actually interested I can continue to post updates.

Attached Files:

3. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

That is really cool.

4. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Oh you just love making me hungry by posting those food logs. If I am become a fat child I'm so blaming you.

(Kudos on taking the effort to do this though. It's great you're logging and watching how/what you eat!!)

5. John Titchen

This has been an empty log for a little while.

Essentially I got hit by so much unanticipated extra work at the end of October through to the end of November that I had to drop my personal routine just to keep my head above the water and all exercise other than teaching classes stopped.

Having worked myself into the ground I've since been ill with what seems to have been flu followed by sinusitis. I'm just finishing a second course of antibiotics, waiting on the feedback from a head x ray and some microbiology on some blood cultures. It looks like either another 2 weeks of antibiotics or something more severe.

At the moment exercise is a longed for activity.

Fortunately my appetite has been suppressed by being ill, so my weight has been held in check - helped perhaps by the fact that my diet is low to moderate carb. Currently holding at 176 lbs.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

GWS JWT :)

Mitch

What are you using to track the calories etc in the post a few above this?

7. John Titchen

Hi Mitch

I'm using a free download (works on both Macs and PCs) called CRONoMETER. Dormindo was using it and it looked pretty good.

It is a little fiddly as it is aimed more at America produce than British produce, but you can input your own recipes and items. I've found that often the best way is to take one of their items so you get the basic vitamin ad mineral profile, then edit according to what the supermarket or packet says are the carb/fat/protein values.

It can be a bit naughty - for example it lists nutrient value for fruit juice, but apparently red wine has no nutritional value other than its calories. Yeah right.

It's an interesting tool though, and has helped me when I've wanted to get my carbs to a particular sweet spot for a few days on the trot.

8. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Glad to see you back at the log, JWT. I'll be posting on mine regularly again by the end of next week, when I have regular internet service at home again.

9. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Just skimmed through this whole thread JWT and found it fascinating and a fun read. I'm feeling inspired so i'm starting mine tomorrow. Cheers.
    P.S. Hope the dog is better

10. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

How are are you, you look pretty young to me. I'm 44 and I don't look as young as you.

11. John Titchen

Currently 37 yrs old.

However that's with two transplants. If I added the age of my two transplants... you'd get how old I feel most mornings and evenings... but there's no-one else that old on MAP. :)

12. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

You're looking well though.

13. John Titchen

You're very kind - thank you. :)

I just need to get stronger, faster, more flexible and more knowledgable. :)

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ah but there lies the rub.

The thing is individually all of those things are simple to put right.

Collectively and with life in the way things get a little more complicated.

15. John Titchen

Hi Simon

Simple? Yes. Easy? No. :)
    Add in life, as you've indicated, and the challenge is that much harder.

I have a cartoon somewhere that sums up my approach to this. I'll try to find and scan for you!

Edit: Just noticed... 3000th post! That's taken 7 years!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  16. John Titchen

Well, I'm still not yet back into training. I will see a physician tomorrow and see if I need another 2 weeks of medication.

I've obviously had to watch what I eat while not exercising. Through careful diet management I seem to have continued to lose weight.

Today's grub:

Breakfast: cup of white tea (full fat milk)
    Lunch: Two rashers bacon, 1 gala apple, handful of brazil nuts
    Tea: Two chicken breasts roasted in garlic butter, 150g fried (goose fat and butter) bubble and squeak (potatoes, carrots, broccoli and leek), 1/2 bottle of cabernet shiraz blend red wine (that's one big glass folks)
    Plus about 4 pints water and 2 more cups of tea

Looking through my hospital records I put together a little weight tracking chart. Dates on left, weight in KG on the right:

220405 79.5
    290405 69.3
    130505 74.5
    140605 77.7
    050705 78.6
    060905 80.3
    111005 80.8
    011105 83.0
    061205 81.5
    070206 80.2
    040506 82.7
    270606 83.7
    180706 85.5
    070806 83.9
    310507 89.5
    070208 91.7
    260608 92.8
    271008 89.8
    060809 89.5
    160910 90.5
    280511 86.5
    030911 81.1
    291211 80.1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  17. John Titchen

Jan 3

Still no exercise. I've been prescribed another 2 weeks of antibiotics. waiting for blood and sputum cultures to indicate if special meds required.

Breakfast:
    Cup of white tea
    Cornish Pasty

Lunch:
    Handful of brazil nuts
    Cup of white tea

Tea:
    Large salmon fillet roasted with feta cheese, butter, olive oil, blanched broccoli and cherry tomatoes.
    1 glass white wine.

Supper:
    Two pieces home made brownies

Attached Files:

18. John Titchen

I can't believe it's been over a year since I updated this log.

Essentially it was a tough year. A number of health issues, work issues, a back injury, and a tonsillitis induced fever that robbed me of five weeks in the autumn.

I'm currently 83 Kg. I'm moderately active and cutting so aiming for a calorie intake of about 1600-2100 out of the 3100 maintenance I need according to Cronometer.

Exercise today:
    2 x 25 minute dog walks cross country in the snow.
    2 x 50 press ups
    3 x 5 dumbbell shoulder press
    2 x 5 shrugs
    2 sets 10 each leg slow side kicks
    3 sets 10 each leg fast front kicks

19. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

What program was your Diet image from?

20. John Titchen

http://cronometer.com/

I'm working on the basis of generally getting a calorie deficit of 500 - 1000 a day. I'm keeping my protein intake fairly high.