Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sean O, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

Most of the info I have seen say that you need 48 hours rest after a routine, and all here say two days, so are they both talking about the same two days. Monday at ten till wednesday at ten is forty-eight hours but is not really what most would think of if you told them to rest for two days that would seem to say workout on monday take tuesday and wednesday off andworkout again on thursday.

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Exactly. And the excercises that yoda gave you will work if you do them,there is no need to modify.

3. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I wrote this before I had a real understanding of weight training for a martial artist is supposed to go, so excuse me. I use enough weight to have to rest 2 days now.

...although I don't remember yoda and I changing the routine together, I DID add two exercises, but thats it.

Finally, I now know ALOT more about weight training for a martial artist, and weight training in general, so unless I ask for advice, don't give me any.

4. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

I sense that this will not be a problem in the future!

5. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

And you expect to be a good martial artist with this attitude?You need to be more open man...On all of your post you act like you need help and then you get advice (that you asked for) and you won't listen to it. I have read many of your posts and it sounds like you just want to be a martial artist to improve your self image or something...In my opinion you are not mature enough to start martial arts...wait until you grow up a little bit and become more open.

6. Sean O

Sean O New Member

...are you sure you're in the right thread chris?

This thread is me wondering why everyone hated bodybuilding. I don't know what you mean by I act like I need help. I said in this thread that I added an exercise or two to yoda's routine a little bit, but all in all, I was still using it. Also...

Does this not imply that I took what you guys said graciously?

In case you're referring to other threads that I've asked questions on, the only reason I argued is to broaden my understanding of the topic. I mean, the advice given to me DID help, but I like to learn as much as I can, and try my understanding to see if I've got it or not. Hope this clears things up for you.

By the way... sending me a PM to say the same thing you just said here? Geez, you must have been really offended or something lol... sorry :D

7. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Yeah laugh at me........What I was saying applies to all of your posts...When you ask a question just accept the replies. I would not waste my time being offended by you.Bye.

8. Sean O

Sean O New Member

It's as simple as that. I argue to learn. It may not be what you're used to, but it's the way I learn. The purpose of this forum is to debate, man. I don't see what the problem is.

9. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Since when was the purpose to debate??? I thought the purpose was to ask questions??? Silly me. :yeleyes:

10. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I searched through all the threads I started to see how often I came off as disrespectful and ignorant. I guess now I'll enlighten you...

Maybe 10, tops, in my bench press thread. Thats it! The other ones were not at all disrespectful. They were just questions (real ones, not my way of "challenging"), or me acknowledging the advice given to me. If your problem is that I didn't seem grateful enough in that thread, then I'll try and make things better.

To Yoda, and everyone else who helped me in the Bench Press for a 14 year old thread... your advice really DID help me. I've gained alot in strength and muscular endurance by using your advice, and my worries about muscle tone (come on, let me get away with it this time :)) are gone, as I look much better now!

11. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Haha...oh wow,I am glad it was only 10 times that you have done it...... :eek:

12. Sean O

Sean O New Member

Okay then Chris, tell me what you hope to accomplish by telling me all this.

1. You won't make me feel bad about any of this.

2. You won't change the way I am.

3. You can try and make me look bad in front of the other members, but even if you succeed, I won't care. This site isn't my social life, I just use it to debate things that catch my interests, and have questions answered.

13. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Alright,my last reply was a little smart-alecky...None of the things you mentioned were my intent at all...I just want you to understand that people try to help you and you should be grateful if you ask somebody about something that you do not know much about and if they help you that means you have no right to argue what they say because you did not know about the subject in the first place. I definitley wouldn't want to damage you online reputation or anything of the sort.

14. Sean O

Sean O New Member

Well, if you don't want to come off smart alecky, thats not the way to go.

I agree. And I've said already that I am grateful for the advice I got. I could tell you why I "challenge" people to learn more, but that would involve me revealing a good part of my life, and I don't think anyone really cares that much. Basically, it's the way I am. You can dislike me if you want, I don't expect everyone to like me.

15. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Bucket of Ice Cold water all round!

Cool off guys. There's only one person round here qualified to be irrational, and it's me, so back off a couple of steps.

Show some maturity and ge back on track please!

16. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I think we're both fairly cool. I just want to resolve this before I log off.

17. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Threads never resolve anything, they merely give others the opportunity to either re-consider their own opinions, or embrace new ones.

What are you guys learning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.