Just want to say

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by B.Y.O.B., Mar 11, 2006.

1. B.Y.O.B.

B.Y.O.B. New Member

In this site and our martial art sites some ppl think they know enough about boxing without any training or anything. Truthfully I'm tired of them thinking they know it all just by watching some PPV fights and thinking its all about punching. So I'm going to list some things I heard. Also if there is anyone who wants to add to it or w/e go ahead.

1. Boxing is easy and everyone can box in some degree.
    Boxing is not easy to learn. No one with boxing training can not box like a boxer can. Its like saying I know Muay Thai, because I can throw a kick, punch elbow n knee. Well its not true. You will have trouble with the basics of punches. EX. Learing how to throw a straight punch and not dropping it when returning it.

2. Boxers cant fight without gloves in the streets.
    OK thats the biggest bs. A boxer learns how to use their fist with or without gloves.

3. Boxers are limited in a street fight.
    True a boxer cant kick, or elbow their oppenents do to the rules they follow in the ring. Note I said ring not street fight. So if a boxer was in a street fight they would use what ever they have like every other ppl would do to win a fight. EX. MIke Tyson was in many street fights and used his tools to win.

4. Boxers cant handle Multiple oppenents.
    In the real world no one can handle multiple oppenents. This is not a movie where you can knock someone out with 1 hit n beat all 20 or 30 ppl to the ground. The most that anyone can handle is like 7-10 maybe.

5. If you train in boxing you will break all you knuckles easy.
    First the only way a boxer can break their knuckles is when they over do it. The same thing can happen to anyone who doesnt train in boxing. Second no matter what art you are doing, you have the same risk of breaking a leg as easy as breaking your knuckles.

6. Boxing teaches nothing but punching.
    Boxing does not only teach about punching.
    Boxing teaches
    How evade incoming attacks from every angle.
    Shows how to find your distances between you n your oppenent.
    It teaches you footwork
    And much more, but I getting tired so I'm pretty much done.

7. Boxing only works when your big guy.
    To me boxing works much better when you are small guy. I say that is because, smaller boxers are quicker than the big guys and still packs a punch.

2. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Valued Member

8)Boxing is an undiscplined art because you don't have blet rankings.
    Wrong boxing teaches alot of things physical and mental. Boxing teaches self discipline by making you stay on a diet. It teaches you never to drop your hands no matter how tired you are. Boxing makes you more aware and calm.
    9)Boxing is mindless punching with gloves on.
    No, boxing has many techniques such as blocking,parrying,slipping,bobbing and weaving,jabs,hooks,crosses,uppercuts and much more.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Not really any point disputing the points because they are so stupid.

4. Skinneh

Skinneh Skinny Theif Ninja Spy

That cleared up alot of questions i had on boxing. thanks.

5. :rolleyes:

6. XXXTigerXXX13

XXXTigerXXX13 New Member

If I started a fight with about 30 Kindergardeners, I think I could win.

OTher than that, Some pretty decent info, but nothing more than common sense.

7. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

why are you trying to convince the boxing forum that boxing is good?

8. B.Y.O.B.

B.Y.O.B. New Member

I'm not trying to convince anyone about anything. I'm just putting out things that I have read in martial art sites about boxing from ppl who dont know nothing about it n clearing up somethings they said.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

...because the members of the boxing forum know nothing about boxing and need these things cleared up, right?

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

put me in a room (a fairly big one) with 30 toddlers and i could ruin some faces i reckon. if they fought as a cohesive unit that would be a different story, but simply running back and forth kicking faces would work a charm, imo.

only one way to find out of course. (this thread sucks by the way)

11. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Why are you clearning it up here, in the boxing forum? We know all of this anyway, go play boxing nutrider on the forums that actually say that crap.

12. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

hmmm, and you made it sound quite fun too, I hate toddlers! ;) :rolleyes:

13. Randel

Randel Valued Member

Very true... But id also like to point out that if he had posted this anywhree else he woulda got allot of posts saying 'Dude why are you posting this in this forum?? It belongs in boxing!'

That said... Some nice points... But i think just about everyone knows that boxing, or indeed any martial art isnt all just about punching.

14. dexxl

dexxl New Member

shyyeaaa,.. until you actually hit one and they start crying.. then that give you that adorable face and you feel so guilty. then the rest of them run in a circle chanting "big fat bully!" and then YOU start crying.

sorry dude, i dun see this one happening. think i'd rather take on 3 redneck drunks in the roughest bar in iraq :p

15. dexxl

dexxl New Member

my 109kgs body weight and my 17inch guns agreed that we would sooooo love to jump in the ring with you.. or the street, or whatever...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  16. B.Y.O.B.

B.Y.O.B. New Member

This thread is for the ppl who think they know so much about boxing without any training in it. If you already know all this ok good for you, but theres others who dont.

The reason I put it in this forum is, because ppl come here and talk about boxing when they dont know a damn thing about it.