Just stopping in for a quick update... PIC!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tian-Tian, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Tian-Tian

Tian-Tian Awesome 15 minutes a day.

Hey y'all; it's been a while since I've been back. I've had a very hectic summer but all is well. :D

I was planning on taking up Tai Chi and TKD again, but I discovered the TC class was closed and TKD class is too far from campus + work to drive.

So I'm taking up fencing (since the class was the only one not waitlisted, haha)!!!

In the meantime, I'm still losing weight.
    So I was around 180 lbs when I started MA, then got in that car wreck, then gained 60 lbs, and now back to 200 and still dropping (albeit ever-so-slowly).

[​IMG]

2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Eva good luck on your journey back to kicking lol! BTW- Fencing is awesome, I only did it for a short time, but I loved it.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Good on you girl!
    That's great news, stabbing people is so much more fun with training :)

Keep us all updated x

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Hey Tian-Tian, good to have you back.

Lookin' good, lovely smile and good you hear you are getting back in shape.

5. Tian-Tian

Thanks, everyone! :) It's good to see some familiar names/faces/avatars.

Losing weight has been hard; I can't remember who told me that my weight would plateau before dropping again... and I think I'm at the end of my 200 lb plateau. Here's to hoping!

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

long time no see!

have you fully recovered from the accident yet?

7. Tian-Tian

Yes, I have! I'm definitely much better now. :) I still get random aches and pains from time to time but they're otherwise minor and go away quickly.

My left ankle and my knees are my only major concern (especially since fencing seems to be particularly demanding on those joints) but I think some careful wrapping should give me the stability I need. :)

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

9. Tian-Tian

Also, I'm loving the new avvy, Fish! :) Big ol' grins make me happy. Also, your shades ROCK!

P.S. In general:
    Can we move this thread to off-topic somewhere? :D Sorry.

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Keep up the good work and let us know how you progress.

11. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Congrats on the progress and good to see you're back in both MAP and training!

12. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Welcome back TT.

13. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Glad that you've recovered from the accident. Congrats on the progress--and on the fencing, my wife used to do it and loved it.

paz,

dormindo

14. Plimft

Plimft Valued Member

Woohoo congratulations! :)

15. Tian-Tian

Thanks, y'all! :) Your support is overwhelming and I really, truly appreciate it! (also, you guys are WAY nicer than the fencing forum; that place has one too many trolls than I care to count!).

Anyway, it's late and I need to get to bed. Those of y'all who have done fencing before, what should I expect/prepare for, in terms of finesse? Are there stretches that I could do, or should I stick with my usual MA exercises?

16. Simon

I may be worth sending a PM to Mitlov, who is the fencing expert here.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/member.php?u=42943

17. Simon

18. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

What Simon says, as Mitlov actually fences. I'll ask my wife, though, what preparations she had to make.

paz,

dormindo

19. Tian-Tian

Instant bookmark; thank you! :) I know I definitely need some upper body/core strength exercises to work on, as well as get some flexibility back in my legs; my splits are absolutely terrible! :D

And I'd love to hear your wife's input, dormindo. :hat: Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as, like I said, the actual fencing forum has just trolls. :( And those that actually fence tease newbies.

20. Tian-Tian

BAD NEWS!!!!!!

So both my weight training and fencing is gonna be set back a season... or two, depending on how the MRI comes back.

I injured my left knee at work today pretty badly; I've got to follow up with work comp on Monday. :rolleyes:

I just can't win.