just registered.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by lawin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. lawin

lawin Valued Member

good day to everyone. thank you for accepting my registration. my handle is lawin which means eagle in the philippines. i am boni tongson of bacolod city Philippines. student of the late rene fujiwara cornel sensei. i studied aikido, karate and arnis from my sensei from year 1995 and was eventually promoted to black belt in karate just months before my sensei's untimely death on year 2005. After my sensei's death i somewhat lost interest and stop practicing and focused all on practical shooting which for me and many others also consider it another style of martial arts. Tried to get back the interest by practicing some boxing and doing aikido from my sensei's former teacher. I have recently done some knife work and arnis with friends well just get some sweat out. im here because i like reading and im learning from your articles and i also want to somewhat renew my interest in the arts by learning from people whose enthusiasm in the arts has not been diminished. Its quite unfortunate that i can no longer recall my kata. And although have trained in arnis i only focused on espada daga although my teacher was quite knowledgeable on doce pares. The Doce methodos was just quite a handful for me. we did try to incorporate short stick fighting to his fave art pakwa chang. My teacher was considered one of the good masters in tapado (filipino long stick fighting)but i unfortunately didnt learn it. Lol. This intro quite long already. Lol hope to learn. Thank you very much.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Bad-ass intro man! Welcome to MAP, your English is good!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

4. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Welcome to MAP :cool:

5. Young Noob

Young Noob Valued Member

I'm young and naive. Please don't take advantage of me. :) welcome to map.

6. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Welcome to MAP

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That's what my girlfriend said....

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Welcome to MAP fella!

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Welcome aboard

10. lawin

lawin Valued Member

thank you for the welcome. more power. :)

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

it's funny cos it's true!

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

welcome aboard.

fellow pinoy here.

isn't lawin pilipino for hawk? or is it generic to all birds of prey (mga ibong mandaragit)?

13. kurupt2020

kurupt2020 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP

14. lawin

lawin Valued Member

yes you are correct. lawin means hawk. agila means eagle. hehe i have been using lawin as my call sign since my cadet days. so its what i've been using as my username in the forums. but the forums i have been joining are for philippine shooting community. by the way i like your handle shootodog sir. hehe

15. lawin

lawin Valued Member

yes you are correct. lawin means hawk. agila means eagle. hehe i have been using lawin as my call sign since my cadet days. so its what i've been using as my username in the forums. but the forums i have been joining are for philippine shooting community. by the way i like your handle shootodog sir. hehe

16. shootodog

what arnis do you do?

17. WingChunMelb

WingChunMelb Valued Member

Welcome Lawin, just joined myself and the people here are nice, so enjoy.

18. lawin

lawin Valued Member

Was only taught espada daga sir. Hehe my teacher was a master of yaming, doce pares and tapado but its was too much for me to handle. And he wouldnt teach me tapado because for him it was a hard martial art. And at that time he was already doing aikido, tai chi and pakwa. While my interests that time was in karate and aikido. What i like practicing espada daga is we would also practice the live blade sinuwak style talibong as the espada. I still have my sinuwak. But shes a closet queen already. Hehe

19. shootodog

espada y daga isn't a basic weapons combo. that's pretty hard to do for a beginner. i think that's good that you learned espada y daga. at least you have learned a filipino martial art.