Just quit my job!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by wrydolphin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

For the few of you in the know, I have been working as a psych nurse for the last several very busy months. Yesterday was the final straw- I realized I am tired of the screaming, irrational behavior and knee-jerk over reactions I see all around me. And no, I am not talking about the patients! Yesterday is the last day I will take abuse for doing my job from a co-worker or boss. My letter of resignation was put in this morning and I already feel tons better!

I hate that I don't have a plan, but I figure I am an RN in good standing. I'll land on my feet somehow!

Never felt so happy to see the back end of a place, ever!

2. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Well, congrats on doing something you felt you needed to do!! I don't know HOW many people I know that don't have the courage to do that!

Do..oops..I mean..DID you work on the Army base there? And if not, have you looked at their hospital?

3. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

There is an AFB near me, so I figure I am going to look there as well. There are a few other places that are hiring as well. I'll have a busy day off on Tuesday.

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Leaving a job that is grinding you down is always a positive move, even if it's a bit scarey with nothing to go to.

I stuck it for 18 months in my first "proper job", lost my sense of humour and hated every minute. The day I resigned I knew as soon as I handed the letter in that I'd done the right thing, I felt brilliant for the first time in months.

Best of luck Wry!

Mitch

5. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Well, if it's the boot camp base (Lackland AFB) you would be dealing with a bunch of 18 year old recruits...a bunch who will fake the stuff just to get out! lol

I know that Brooke Army Medical Hospital is HUGE though....probably have lots of jobs there.

Randolph AFB doesn't even have a hospital though. They have a clinic so not too many jobs there.

Good luck with whatever you go with!

6. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

It is like coming out from under a large rock. Life is too short to stay in the company of fools.

Find somewhere you enjoy working and you never "work" a day in your life.

best wishes koyo