just posting a video and introduction

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MAfreak, Feb 4, 2016.

1. jadedragonalask

jadedragonalask New Member

Thanks for the membership.

Mostly into Hsing-Yi, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi, 7-Star Praying Mantis, BaGua, Internal Iron Shirt and Internal Iron Palm.

I have been studying internal and external Martial Arts since 1971 and teaching since 1991.

Martial Background

Northern Shaolin Buddhist meditation based Qigong that focuses on essences that transcend form; and that go between various forms. Learning to feel Qi, through sensing-seeing with your gut (Lower Dan Tien), hands, feet etc.

Taught using the common ground of the 'shared lived experience'. Non-visual 'seeing' of what is in common with different methods, rather than adherence to a doctrine. Qi (Chi) work for even flow of energy and quick release energy for projecting good and bad such as Dim Mak and healing hands. Calming Qigong and meditation for lowering blood pressure, as well as stimulating and charging Qigong and Hsing i.

Root connection to Earth lengthened and strengthened as in First Nations dance and shamanism. No belief system is necessary, anymore than one would believe in electricity: you will feel it, test and use it.

Many objective martial tests of progress are used as well as herbs for nurturing Qi. 1971-75 in the Wide Circle of Kung Fu School in New York City and Berkeley, California. This is a primarily Northern Shaolin based style, under Grandmaster Joseph Greenstein, headquartered in New York.

From 1971-74 Mo Duk Kwan, Tiger Tae Kwon Do, under Master Kenny Yuen, Oakland, California.

1973-4 with Master Minh, Hapkido of University of California Berkeley.

1971-74; Aikido in Berkeley with Jeff Wilbur.

1974-79; Nippon Kenko Juko of Grandmaster Okano, learning Shotokan from Mr.Tanaka, and Lou Correa, and Goju under Masa, Koko and Hiro.

1976 Aido Samurai Sword under Master Samurai Takahashi.

1974-76 studied Yang style Tai Chi and Ba Gua at the Chinese Cultural Center, University Ave., Berkeley.

1982-85 Ba Gua and Hsing Yi under Mr. ST Ying, "The Old Man" at the Chinese Baptist Church in Berkeley.

Most recently and foremost: from 1980-87 in the San Francisco/ Bay Area of California, under Grandmaster Wong Jack (Chia) Man of San Francisco Jing Mo; studying Hsing Yi, Praying Mantis, Tai Chi, Lui Ho, Lohan, push hands and Northern Shaolin.

Sifu Hayes has taught at: the Yoga Den in Juneau (now Rainforest Yoga), from 1991-1998;

Juneau Public School's Community Schools, from 1991-2005;

private lessons in Juneau, since 1995.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Again, welcome jadedragonalask.

Please post your background here. Instead of posting a link to your personal website. Again, our Terms of Service are in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. jadedragonalask

jadedragonalask New Member

Link removed per request, and information copied.

I could not copy this from my site before because the notebook I used did not have that function.

4. Garrywater

Garrywater Banned Banned

Just arrived on this forum today, and come across this .. serious gold. All I can say is please find an experienced instructor before you or someone else gets hurt, worse still what happens when and if you get attacked for real oneday... you will certainly make Martial Arts look bad in the press when you get a serious beating or worse. Do yourself a favour mate go get some serious hours in.

5. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

But why?

Ok MAfreak, this is now your second video post. You titled the initial post '' a video and introduction''. Normally when people post introductions they give some detail on themselves, their backgrounds ,their schools, their teachers yadda yadda. You really haven't provided much detail of any of this in your introduction.

The other thing is that when one posts a video or link on here you are supposed to discuss what it is about the video/link that makes it worth discussing. You might want to say here is a collection of my faults so that people are able to react and give some suggestions on the best course or action to correct the overall behaviour. Alternatively you might pick one aspect, say stance, and discuss what is happening consistently good (or bad) that you want members so discuss. That way you can get some feedback to either confirm your technique looks good or some constructive criticism that might help you to refine your technique and improve. So far the videos haven't given other members any idea of what the point is to having the videos posted.

If you don't want to be in a position where you feel you are being ganged up perhaps you should, in your posting as in your training, have some sort of clear direction where you are going with things. You might consider applying a SWOT analysis to help you direct your actions better:

Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats

To conduct a personal SWOT analysis, ask yourself questions about each of the four areas being examined. Answer honestly. Honesty is crucial, or the analysis will not generate meaningful results. With that in mind, try to see yourself from the standpoint of a colleague or a bystander, and view criticism with objectivity.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_05_1.htm

I'm hoping that you take this in the correct manner and realise that people here are trying to be helpful and not just trolling or being hyper-critical.

Regards,

LFD