just got done playing the 360

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by geves, Nov 11, 2005.

1. geves

geves Valued Member

well after a visit to a local bestbuy. they had an xbox 360 up on display. i can only assume that video game stores do as well.

Medal of Honor: whatever :D was in the machine. the graphics honestly didn't look all that impressive. like a top notch xbox 1 title. which i guess is a big boost for the series cuz EA's medal of honor always had pretty crappy graphics. the attention to detail was impressive though. while you reload you could actually make out words written on the side of the gun. (a nice touch).

the combat was hard (they had the view up and down set for regular. instead of reverse. so i died alot) the enemy A.I was more like a typical dumb EA title. they just stand there. but they do go for cover, try to hide behind objects, ect. so it's not that the AI was dumb. just not HALO. once i got used to the stupid controls. i pretty much ran through the demo level.
    there's some nice surprises. but typically it's just like any other medal of honor game.

i can't really blame that on the system, just the crappy company. :bang:
    i'd recommend passing on that game. cuz it's not impressive at all. except the details on the gun :rolleyes:

the system itself, is about the same size as the PS2. maybe a little smaller. and that's with the hard drive. i didn't get to mess round with it for obvious reasons. so that's all i can say.

the controller was smaller then the type S xbox1 controller. it took me a while to get used to it. because the right analog stick was slightly higher than i was used to. the start and back buttons are a pain to touch. and i completely forgot that the black and white buttons were now shoulder buttons so i never hit them :D

well. what do you want me to tell you? if you've been following the 360. you already know the details. but let me say. FIRST :cool: i think.

too bad the game in the system was a crappy series sequel. i hope for more luck in the future from the developers.

2. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

your lucky they arnt up for demo in my area yet, what was the price tag?

3. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

Generally, I think it's like 400$ for the basic setup , or 500$ w/ extras (Wireless controllers, some other junk)

Yeah, Medal of Honor is not known for their graphics, so it can't really show off the 360's power. Why did they even have that in there?

:woo:

4. geves

geves Valued Member

it's $300 for the core system (console, 1 contoller NOT wireless, and cables to hook to your TV)

$400 for (the console, a $100 20 gig hard drive, wireless controller,a $30 DVD remote, a $40 HD cables to hook to your TV,a $20 Headset for online.)

all the stuff comes free with the $400 bundle so for $400 you get $90 worth of free stuff. like i said above the hard drive alone is going to run you $100. and a memory card is $40 (64 MBs). so it's pretty pointless for anyone to buy the $300 "bundle".

games NOT made by microsoft will be $60. games made BY microsoft will be $50.

hope i helped TKD=fun.

yeah lanakin, medal of honor is not known for it's graphics. and although the graphics were top notch if it was a xbox 1 game. it basicly felt like i was playing a simple ported version of the rest of them. maybe the game will be more intense in later levels. because alot of developers have been talking about getting tons of enemies on screen at once.

but it just seemed to me like. i dunno, EA was just trying to be out of the gates first to get their sales up before people realize that they released sub-par games. i imagine that madden will feel just like a port too. but i guess that's why franchises suck. :cry:

me = not impressed at all with medal of honor. play battlefield 2 instead.

5. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Sure it was a medal of Honour title and not Call of Duty2?

Call of Duty is supposed to be a launch title for 360 hadn't heard of MOH coming out for launch?

6. geves

geves Valued Member

hmm maybe your right FBI. i thought for sure it was medal of honor though. :confused:

maybe there was just a medal of honor stand next to the 360. maybe that's why i got confused.

at any rate it was a crappy world war 2 game. that didn't impress.
    i feel like a heel now :D thanks for setting me straight FBI.

7. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

I got to play an XB360 also but I managed to play kameo and I must say it was awsome I got right into the conmtroller and the graphics were awsome, not the people but when you looked at the objects they were terriffic, and I got right into the controlls. I'm thinking of getting one

8. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

does anyone have any news on the phantom said to play pc games? i havnt chked into console stuff latly i think 1 year late

9. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

it probally was the call of duty as its still in beta stage, so the graphics are only a demo version and nothing like what it will be when its finished

thanks the priceing did help.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

You lucky git :D Thought ive never been a fan of the Medal of Honor games; they're just too shallow for my liking. It's the same with the Call of Duty series, as shallow as a puddle :)

11. Lanakin

Well, all we can do now is wait for Halo 3.

12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Well the system IS BRAND NEW, and he developers are just beginning to tap its potential in terms of pushing it and its capabilites, but to be honest, it's not a very impressive machine in the first place, i wouldn't keep my fingers crossed if i where you.

13. geves

geves Valued Member

wow tekkengod. just when i thought you were about to say something good about the 360. :D

you are right though. it's an early game. they'll only get better.

i saw the phantom infinity, not impressed. all it is is a PC without the PC.
    it's a video game system that claims to behave more like a PC. problem is that it's just a game system that let's you play "recent" games (by recent i mean not top of the line. and not at top of the line specs).

the only good thing about the phantom. is that it has a good online service. if your a lazy shut in. cuz the only way to get games for the system is via download. oh and it costs money to download them.

sad really it was supposed to be this all awesome gaming machine. that would tear apart modern consoles. but it's a serious letdown. in fact i don't think it could even out sell the nintendo 64. but this is all news that i got from like 6 months ago. after that, no one heard anything.

the only thing it has. is downloading games for a price. but you can also download demo's (for a price too) but the downloads supposedly go really really fast.

14. Lanakin

I like discs, personally. I mean, you'd have to have a few TB if you wanted like 50 games or so for that thing. I'd imagine that "top of the line" games would be huge (15GB+?). I mean, the PC version of FF7 was 1GB, and that was from 8 years ago.

15. geves

geves Valued Member

are you talking about the move to blue ray?
    it's rubbish. sony's not going to make everyone replace their DVDs, there's too many people with a huge DVD collection. DVDs caught on too recently. the common consumer doesn't give a <removed!> about blue ray. who does!?

as for video games. it'll give sony the upper hand. but who's to say it doesn't contain a virus? oh wait.... that's right the PS3 isn't running on microsoft OS's. so your in the clear.... for now.

i know what you mean. lankin. it's gonna get hairy to port PC games anymore. but i guess that's why they sell 300 GB hard drives. i think i made a post where i was talking out of **** about how PCs aren't going to be able to handle gaming consoles.. never even thought about the memory issues. the blue ray will make it virtually impossible for anyone to have a PS3 port.

i think the blue ray is more of an anti-piracy thing than a new format... who the hell needs a disc with that much space?

imagine downloading a CD that's 15 GB's. for no reason. hint: they can fill a CD with a huge amount of BS. plus with all of the BS that SONY is doing with CDs. means i'm not buying a PS3. as much as i love SONY's video game industry. i'm simpily. NOT going to buy from a turd of comapny, who tried to poison Windows OS's.

sorry tekkengod. but sony is more evil than good.

EDIT: boycott. the use of blue ray outside of PS3!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2005
  16. Topher

Topher allo!

Later batches of Xbox 360 will come with a HD-DVD drive, so i heard. Which begs the question, how do the initial system play HD-DVD games. If games are not on HD-DVD then why have the drive. Films are not a good reason seeing as most studios probably wont mass produce to HD untill a winner is picked, around the time of the next next gen.

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Geves are u nuts! the IDEA of the phantom was BRILLIANT, but this time around the application was **** poor. one day when the idea is reapplied by a big boy company, maybe something will come of it. your NOT gonna get a PS3, well thats sad to hear. hope you enjoy your 10 games for the next gen race. although i don't know where i'm leaning on the blu ray shift as of yet.

18. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I had a little go on the xbox360 in town the other day and I have to admit I came away more than a little disappointed as I was really looking forward to it. The games they had on demo (Call of Duty being one of them) were no better than any of the current gen consoles that are available. Having said that it is very early days yet!

One concern I had is that IMHO I think that Microsoft may have shot themselves in the foot by releasing the xbox360 before the original xbox is even 'dead'.

From what I have read, Microsoft have admitted that they will not be able to fill all pre-orders for the 360 when it becomes available. So, what will people buy for Christmas? I doubt they will buy an xbox, being that the 360 has been released but just not readily available. This is where I think Sony and perhaps Nintendo will clean up. People will probably buy a PS2, PSP or any of the Nintendo handhelds or Gamecube rather than a 360.

By the time Microsoft have more 360's available after Christmas the PS3 will be just around the corner...

I am definately going to get a PS3 and I am going to wait on the 360.

What do you guys think? :)

19. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Go with what you like.

And I'm glad the black & white buttons are shoulder buttons now. Oh that is going to be SO much easier.

20. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Ive just had a short play of the exact same machine; playing Call of Duty 2.

Thank god thats not the best the machine has to offer! Ive got the exact same demo installed on my PC here and it looks so much worse on the Xbox 360; the textures were terrible, just too many jaggies, but the controller felt nice :Angel:

Quite dissapointed with what ive seen so far; not exactly the best game to introduce the console with!