Just a poll on why you like kenpo

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by kenpo123, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

WHy do you like your style of kenpo? Over other arts.

2. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Of the other arts I have looked at, tried or studied, Kenpo just seems the most realistic and practical in terms of real-world self defense. I know they all can in their own way, Kenpo just seems the most real to me...pretty well rounded, studying techniques to defend against real world type attacks...I find it fun and interesting.

3. GeeMac

GeeMac Valued Member

I was attracted to the straight on , no frills techniques taught in the school I joined.

4. Justin M

Justin M New Member

I like it because it's real.

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

When I started in the martial arts, it was in the little known art called Kajukenbo, at least probably to me it was ;), but it wasn't until my college years that I developed a true liking to the Kenpo arts, and that is where my training remains :)

6. karategurl2001

karategurl2001 New Member

i started taking classes in kenpo when i was extremely young, and until recently it's all i'd ever studied when it came to the martial arts. but now that i think about it, if you know the meanings behind all of your movements kenpo seemsone of the more practical arts.

7. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Not many choices here, but I do like it because it tries to be logical about why this is done vs. that. So I can make some sense of it...

8. Lame Leopard

Lame Leopard Valued Member

Kenpo is a great art for me because it is so well rounded. It teaches upper body weapons, lower body weapons, trapping, felling and grappling. It may not go into the same depth as some arts that emphasize one particular aspect of fighting such as kicking or grappling, but it ignores nothing. Also, there is nothing to stop a person from getting deeper into kicking or grappling or anything else that he wants to study. Again, very balanced and well rounded.