Junior World Champs

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by ShadowWarrior, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Hey all.
    I have been selected into the New Zealand Junior World Champs team for Patterns next year in Bulgaria.
    My First question is: is anybody else here going to the Junior Worlds?
    Second question: I need to work on getting power and sharpness into my moves in my patterns, what advice do you have on making my moves nice and sharp?

I think that is all for now. No doubt i will post again.

Thanks in advance
    Ryan O'Hara

2. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

The selections for the Australian team are being held at the National Championships next month, November 19th and 20th in Melbourne.
    I am too old for the Junior Worlds, but I will be there ref'ing, judging etc.

Practise Practise Practise, but remember, practise make permanent!
    Only perfect practise makes perfect!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

first of all congrats :) you're probably talking about ITF, right?

here you'll find some tips:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27977&highlight=forms+competition

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26747&highlight=forms+competition

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22613&highlight=forms+competition

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8038&highlight=forms+competition

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  4. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

congrats Shadow warrior!! Guess I'll be in for great practice when I come over :D

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Congrats!!
    Like ZenPixelTKD said "perfect practise makes perfect!"

6. ShadowWarrior

Thank you all.
    Yes it is the ITF (Chang Ung) Junior Worlds.
    Thanks for the links.
    And i know that perfect practise makes perfect. I have the saying etched in my mind.

ZenPixelTKD - I was going to go to the Aus Nationals. But I went to an open tournament here in NZ, which was cheaper than flying to Aus.

7. ZenPixelTKD

awww you should come!!! You can stay at my place, I live really close to where it is being held!!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder if Rua (I am not sure how to spell his last name) and Lewis Looi are going to be there? Probably will be since the next round of TK-1 will be on as well. Do you know them?
    Our club is hosting the nationals. should be good!!!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  8. ShadowWarrior

Yea i know them!!!!!! Theyr awesome! Rua Kaiou is our head examiner for NZ and Lewis is a clown! :lol: He's so funny. How do you know them?
    I think Rua is going and competing and im not sure about Lewis, there was talk about him going.
    Are you with Jamie Moores association?

If i do come, which will only happen if i can get enough money, ill come stay with you! It'd be cheaper than a hotel

9. ZenPixelTKD

Rua Kaiou and Lewis and some others came over last year for the Oceanic Championships, and I saw them at Sydney this year. They are friends with my instructor, though I doubt they would remember my name, I am just another student probably...
    No I am not with Master Jamie Moore. My instructors are Master Robert Lai and Mr Jason Lai in Melbourne.
    Mr Lai told me today that Lewis is most probably not coming. awww.

10. G50

G50 Night Owl

You should practice a whole lot. Talk to your master about what things to fix on the patterns. :D If you do both of those things, you will be all set. :woo:

11. ShadowWarrior

Thanks. Im training almost everyday. We don't have a master here in NZ but i can ask the 6th Dans. They are just as knowledgable.

12. ZenPixelTKD

how often do you get to train with Mr. Rua Kaiou? He is really good at patterns, afterall, he is on the legacy DVD. He is awesome. He sparred a guy in my club (who is on the Hong Kong senior team) and he did a reverse hook to the head, and it connected so hard and fast that our guy flipped over in the air!

13. ShadowWarrior

wooo....Awesome! yea Rua is real good.
    Um i dont really get to train with him very often as he is an eight hour drive away from me. Bit far...
    I can train with another 6th Dan though who is only an hour away. Bill/William Chan. Do you know him?

14. ZenPixelTKD

No I haven't heard of him, though I am sure my instructors have!

15. mylo1616

mylo1616 New Member

sounds great Shaddow Warrior.
    I was thinking of trialing for the NZ team for next year too, but i think i'll try for 07.
    You should email people like Daniel Jackson and Mark Trotter and ask them.
    Hope it goes well!

16. ShadowWarrior

Thanks,,,yea i met Mark Trotter at the Epson Open this year,, gave me a few pointers...
    I might email him though, thanks for that idea.
    I'm guessing you are with ITFNZ? Im with UINZ, with Rua Kaiou. Where in NZ are you based.. maybe we could meet up sometime? What rank are you?

17. ShadowWarrior

BTW, its good to see another Kiwi around here that does ITF TKD.

O and whats your name and age? If yo u dont mind me asking...pm me if you dont want the whole world to know you. lol.