Juko Kai

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jungdo, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Jungdo

Jungdo Valued Member

2. HapkidoScott

HapkidoScott Valued Member

whats really sad is that I went to the link and then another link there to look at the names of those making false claims about their military service. There is a guy in the Vietnam Veterans part whom has many false claims and is still an instructor up here in Washington. Sadly his school was my first experience with MA but even at like 12 years old I was able to tell that something was just not right. Its too bad there isn't a group of lawyers that could get together and stop this kind off stuff (or maybe there is, I don't know). Its also pathetic to see all of these names of people (so many in fact that its alphabetized over several pages) that are liars, it just makes me sick to hear so many are after benefits for things that they didn't experience and others made the ultimate sacrifice for!

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I seen the programme on discovery,one of the funniest but most disturbing things i've seen for a while.
    A grading was shown where progression was made on the ability to get punched!!!!!!!!!
    No kind of offensive techniques seemed to be taught,there idea of self defence seemed to be based soley on being able to withstand an assault!
    Did make me wonder tho if no one was taught how to strike properly(and they did look pretty poor) how did they know that they could withstand the strikes in reality? :bang:

4. Bograt

Bograt Banned Banned

the styles called sado masacism :eek:

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I think I remember a clip of that being mentioned a while back, where the girl "defending" was hit a little too hard and momentarily blacked out. Of course, she claimed afterwards that she was simply "overwhelmed by her ki" or some other rubbish like that...

In any case, anyone can be hit, it takes much more skill to avoid being hit in the first place. Plus you don't then have to rely on spending 5 minutes Ki-ing up!

6. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Sounds like Rocky Balboa style, use your face to tire out the opponent's arm.

7. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

There is a massive amount of material on this style and its founder on e-budo. A guy named Don Cunningham has done a lot of research aimed at discrediting them.

8. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Rod/Ron/Rob whatever Sacharnoski or something likle that. Ther man is a colossal fool and has single handedly done more to discredit the Japanese amrtial arts than Frank Dux, Rick Tew and Ashida Kim combine.

A total total Freak of nature, the man is a spoon bending spacker.