Jujitsu near weston-super-mare

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Katsu, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Katsu

Katsu Banned Banned

May I add I have no interest In learning martial arts to go and get into fights, I would obviously try diplomacy and talk my way out of any situation

''With great power comes great responsibility'' Voltaire lol

2. Ross BJJ

Ross BJJ New Member

Hi, I have trained with Chad and can confirm his club is long established and teaches good traditional Ju Jitsu. I started with him in 1984 and am still good friends with him even though I have gone on my own path. I also teach BJJ in Weston Super Mare if you want any further information please check the following link or please ask me any questions.
    Link removed. Sorry Ian we do not allow advertising on MAP. Please contact site Admin if you wish to place an advert.
    Kindest regards,
    Ian Rossiter

kin

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Can you tell us a little more about his style and its background?

Also a little background on the teacher would be helpful.

Cheers.

4. Dean Winchester

Indeed and any errors can't be cleared up if they aren't pointed out.

5. Ross BJJ

Ross BJJ New Member

Chad was taught by Ron Banfield from Kidderminster who was also the first instructor of Ross Iannoccaro of Tai Jitsu Kai (Chad and Ross came through the ranks together). His Style Zankido Ryu is his own style in which he has incorporated elements from Karate, Aiki Jitsu and of course Ju Jitsu (Juko Ryu). Go and have a chat with him or one of his black belts. I got to 4th Dan before starting my own school.

Sorry for posting the link. Didn't realise it was a no no.

6. Dean Winchester

Cheers for the info.

Not so much a traditional style then and more of a hybridised system, nothing wrong with that of course.

Do you know what ranks he held in the arts which form the basis of Zankido?

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

No harm done.

We do allow a link as part of a signature, but you need a few posts under your belt before this facility is available to you.

Welcome to MAP by the way.

8. Ross BJJ

Ross BJJ New Member

Simon, no worries, better post a bit more then.

I can't be 100% sure off the top of my head, although I think he reached 1st Dan in Karate (not sure what style) and 1st Kyu in Aiki Jitsu. Not trained with him for many years so memory is failing me a bit. Lol

9. Katsu

Katsu Banned Banned

Hi you teach bjj at sweat fa how long have you been there what is the teaching like I was just finding out if there are there any good jujitsu clubs around weston-super-mare. I think chad taught my old boss my old boss rates him says he's very capable, i'm not sure but did he do door work ? the reason behind me starting this thread is strictly to find a club near to here. Or at a push Bristol me and my friend who used to train with kevin o'hagan in Bristol are thinking of going up to watch a lesson do you know him.?

10. Ross BJJ

Ross BJJ New Member

Know who? Kevin? Been at sweat 2 years,before that was head instructor of Somerset Jiu Jitsu alliance. Who was your boss, I trained with chad for almost 20 years

11. Katsu

Katsu Banned Banned

(This chap taught my mate down the gym Kevin O'Hagan
    www.kevinohagan.com and http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-4HoBA&usg=AFQjCNFgMtgThIjlX7xcwBBgSClhuAKquQ he's from Bristol. ) What is bjj like at sweat fa what times and days do you train and how big is the class not many places round here doing bjj I can't think of any. Kevin is very well known and a awesome martial artist has anybody trained with him or at his school.

I will probably go and watch a class with my friend his ex student in the next week or so thanks everyone for your help

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  12. Ross BJJ

Ross BJJ New Member

I have known Kevin for many years and have trained with him; I even refereed some of his MMA fights on Ultimate Combat a few years ago. Kevin is absolutely one of the best in the business when it comes to what he teaches. It is no nonsense and very effective I can’t recommend him enough. Nice guy as well.

I know Duncan really well. He used to be come to my classes when I ran my Club in Burnham on Sea. This is when I was still under Chad so Duncan would also attend Chad’s classes and grading. I moved my class to Weston two years ago.

As to what the BJJ is like at Sweat FA, I don’t think it’s fair to me to comment as I teach the class. All I can say is come along and try it, first lesson is free. Check out the Sweat FA website for details as advertising is not permitted on here.

http://www.kevinohagan.com/Pages/resources_articles_combat_move.htm