Ju Jitsu Check-in

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by mhyst, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome aboard! Which style of jujutsu do you train in?

2. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Hi. To be honest I'm not sure! It's a WJJF club if that's any help but I've never really asked if there was a particular style involved.

3. Aegis

WJJF would be the style, so no need to ask anything more.

Enjoy!

4. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Ahhh I see! Cheers Aegis!

I will do!

5. dustIn credible

dustIn credible Valued Member

im dustin just switched from mma type stuff to traditional ken kar ju ryu JJ

6. Jedediah

Jedediah New Member

Hello

I'm Jedediah, Jed for short in real life. Martial Arts experience is a very small amount of Karate when I was a child, ending before I even graded properly.

Working as a Security Guard now, and a lot of the locks and restraint techniques have made me look to JJJ as my art :)

Enjoying it immensely, and looking forward to learning much much more.

7. Aegis

Welcome aboard! What kind of jujutsu are you doing?

8. Jedediah

Jedediah New Member

Tohkon Ryu Ju Jitsu - under Shihan Mark Haseman in Australia

There's a website for it, but it is a little out of date, he is apparently 7th Dan now. I haven't been going there long, but the club is affiliated with the Australian Jujitsu Association http://www.ajja.org/ and Shihan Haseman was a founding member of it. I hear it split from the Australian Jujitsu Federation Inc because they were too dictatorial.

Classes are cheap, being at a PCYC (Police and Citizens Youth Club). The classes are friendly and pretty well structured, with the people teaching being very attentive to individual student needs, and quick to correct errors.

9. Aegis

Cool! Hope you keep enjoying it, let the forum know if you have any questions or even if you just want to chat.

10. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

I am taking JJJ again this semester, maybe I can test for green belt in December. It is a great time

11. Greg M

Greg M New Member

Hi guys,
    My names Greg, I studied Judo as a kid but it wasnt for long as with many other interests it unfortunately got sidelined!
    I have know been studying Small Circle JJ under Sensei Leon Jay in Leatherhead, Surrey, UK, for 2 years on and off due to work commitments. I have to say I love it and am aiming to attend alot more consistently as of next week!

12. Aegis

Just be careful... I have no idea of the quality of Leon Jay's jujutsu, but he's associated with a group that's known to be selling rubbish in the form of claims to be able to knock people out using pure "energy". If he teaches you anything like this, walk away: it does not stand up to investigation.

13. Greg M

Greg M New Member

Hey Aegis,
    Thanks for the heads up. The no touch knock out is not a general practice in SCJJ. Leon uses it as a debate opener, nothing more. It doesnt work all the time but it is a technique you should really talk to him about as I only have limited info on it. Suffice to say I would never ever use it in any form of combat!
    It is good to see an online community that looks out for its users! Thanks Dude! :cool:
    G

14. Aegis

Unfortunately the debate was pretty much closed when he failed to demonstrate on demand when National Geographic interviewed him regarding the no touch technique. There's no mechanism for this technique to possibly work, and given that it supposedly fails on skeptics, athletes, anyone with their tongue or toes in the wrong place, and 40% of random others, there's really no reason to suspect that it's anything other than showmanship and possibly a form of suggestion.

In any case, welcome to the forum and enjoy jujutsu!

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Thought it was Dillman in that interview?

Or am I thinking of a different one?

16. Aegis

Dillman was in it too. Leon Jay was the one that tried to KO the reporter though.

17. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Do you train under Simon?

18. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Aye Moi I do, although haven't been much lately as I wanted to concentrate on Muay Thai and Russ's classes clash with training in Flint.

19. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

M lad got his B/B with him. Tough guy

20. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

He is too. Quite frightening seeing someone that big moe so bloody quickly!:wow: