Journey of chaos.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by bodyshot, May 15, 2013.

1. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I actually dont even eat any breakfast untill after my morning workout routine and a shower. But I like your humor considering I do behave much like a hobbit in fact lols.

2. bodyshot

Hey all happy Holidays to you all, I hope your routines are going well I know mine is. I havent posted anything great heere in a while so Im going to do that know.

Ive been hitting this routine every day for about the past four months of so and for almost the whole year Ive been doing a variation of the routine in one form or another.

3. bodyshot

What it is...

OK so heres what my whole routine is. Zanchin Fit is what I call it, and I only call it that because it goes hand in hand with the Zanchin Karate I do every thursday, so from here on out I will be referring to the workout as Zanchin fit.

Zanchin Fit is a physical fitness routine that I built with the absolute beginner in mind as well as a hardened fitness pro in mind. In Zanchin Fit you are in total control of the three most important factors of any fitness routine, Frequency (how often you do it) Intensity (how hard you do it) and duration (hoy long you do it. I will show you how these three controls work and teach you what factors determine the frequency, intensity and duration of your workout.

4. bodyshot

Now heres the deal, when I designed this I weighed two hundred pounds and smoked about a pack and a half a day in addition to drinking about four leiters of soda a day so you can Imagin I was in really really horrible shape. So dont be afraid that this routine is two difficult.

Zanchin fit is done five days a week, it gives you the weekend off. I encourage you to be active on the weekends at least walking or playing catch, fishing and canoeing are also great off day activites.

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

so what does this program consist of?
    just being more active to burn calories and maybe raise your heart rate a little?

6. bodyshot

Ok it's been awhile since I last posted here in the logs but i can say for sure that I have made a few changes to the routine, in fact the stuff I have listed has some mistakes in the material, in fact I really don't know how it could have happened but it isn't right at all.
    I've been off the cigs for a solid year now and I've been working out almost every day for a year now my cardio and heart health is pretty spot on, my self defense skills are looking pretty good too.
    Ok note to self here the very next time a get some spare time I'm going to update my work out log. I know I've been saying that for a while now but I mean it next time I get the chance to do it I'm going too.

7. bodyshot

O as promised here's an updated look at my fitness routine. I've been doing this routine for about a year now and although I'm not in the worlds top shape I am fighting fit.

Mon. Strength training
    Tue. Cardio training
    We'd. Strength training
    Thu. Martial arts training
    Fri. Strength training

On strength days I alternate upper and lower body training, this lets me avoid burn out and over fatigue of either muscle group.
    Before each session of exorcize I have a warm up period that includes stretching and a few light calisthenics as well as some basic martial arts technique drills, this warm up phase does a few things first it allows me to wake up sleepy or sore muscles s well as stretching which helps me kick better, the martial arts portion of my daily routine allows me keep some polish on my basic footwork and striking technique.

The warm up.
    1. Circles, neck, arms, waste, knees, wrists and ankles, ten reps each direction.
    2. Overhead arm clap three count exorcize set of ten.
    3.side leg raise three count exorcize set of ten
    4. Lower body stretching, basic stuff
    5. Upper body stretching basic stuff
    6.two stances, hold each for 15 count
    7.two footwork techniques eight reps each.
    8. Two strikes ten reps each
    9.two blocks ten reps each
    10. Two kicks ten reps each.
    On the blocks, strikes, and kicks I like to use a deferent technique for the lead hand and a different technique for the rear hand, same with kick technique. Example lead hand jab rear hand cross or lead hand downward block rear hand outside block this allows me to practice two techniques in the same amount of practice time.