Joomshoom Sogi Munyum Anyone?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Torrmundi, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Torrmundi

Torrmundi New Member

Hi,

I am Torrmundi, a new member of MAP and a new 1st Dan in TKD.

I am interested in hearing of people's experience practising Joomshoom Sogi Munyum (Horse Stance meditation). I also want to know if you must have instruction to practise this properly, or if one can "just do it".

Please, I do not wish to discuss Qui Gong or other styles of meditation (I've read many posts on MAP regarding this and am aware that these are an option).

Regards,
    Torrmundi

2. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hi Torrmundi, can I ask you two questions:

1. Are you a troll?

2. If not, you must be aware that what you ask is Qigong.

Hao yun, Gerard.

3. Torrmundi

Torrmundi New Member

Gerard,

Can you understand what you read? I was quite specific in what I asked for. I believe that you have terminal qigong-itis, a condition that makes qigong the center of the universe and assigns all of man's progress, deservedly or not, to qigong.

If joomshoom sogi munyum has adopted qigong practises (very possible, of course), it may still differ significantly from qigong. If you don't know the answer to my questions, don't fake it.

Are you a Troll?

/Torrmundi

4. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Hey new guy-- do you really want help? Are you being nice? Why don't you polish your attitude up a bit-- Gerard is probably one of the most helpful people on the forum right now.

What you are asking about is qigong rather you call it that or not. As for "qigongitus," if you don't like it, than go ask about "horse stance meditation" in a different room. Might I suggest the MMA room? There's this fella named hedgehogey who would probably love to chat with you.

Now then, if you are still curious about your question, ask again politely, and maybe we'll help. :Angel:

5. Torrmundi

Torrmundi New Member

I'm sure Gerard is helpful to others, I've read many posts by him. I reacted badly to his question about myself being a troll. My apology.

two points on the original discussion -

Jumchoom sogi munyum may be significantly different from qigong. If so, then saying it is qigong, no matter what, would be incorrect.

Whether or not JSM is different than qigong, I agree that qigong has something to say on the matter, at least from a seeming similarity, if not much more.

I had hoped to hear from any practitioner of JSM, as an informed voice.

/Torrmundi

6. dashao

dashao New Member

i practice horse stance not sure where the meditation comes into it though it begins to get painfull after a while is the meditation to forget the pain ? :) or something completely different
    when we do horse stance the point is to get really low i take it if you are meditating you cant really go that low ?