Jon Jones new sponsor!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jan 7, 2015.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

She dragged him through that interview all while giving the "come and do me" eyes. I bet he did a line of coke off her back after filming this total lack of regret "apology".

3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Well, based on what is considered the height of popularity in the games, which would be from the early reign of Augustus to the death of Commodus, the five (really four) main types of gladiator were Retarius, Tharex, Hoplomachus and Secutor/Murmillo, the general viewpoint being a Secutor/Murmillo (a Murmillo was only called a Secutor when he fought a Retarius, as he wore a different helmet that was harder to get caught on the net) was by default the most common, but generally it required men of either average or below average height who were preferably stocky with good muscular structure, a Tharex tended to be people who were tall for their weight, with a preference for long limbs, a Hoplomachus, was also usually on the taller side, but it wasn't considered as important of a factor as it was for the Tharex, but they tended to be more muscular, pretty much anyone who wasn't viewed as one of these types was relegated to being a Retarius, as being a net fighter wasn't a particularly desired thing to be as you were generally viewed as both effeminate and cowardly, and while generally more successful in the arena, if you lost, you were rarely shown mercy.

I hope that helps.

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

He looks more whacked on painkillers to be honest, though.

5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Given what happened in Stockholm, one needs to wonder how long his sabbatical will indeed be.