Jon Jones is my favorite Lt. HW

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Pitfighter, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

To anybody who saw the TUF Finale,

I was really impressed with Jon Jones.
    He absolutely destroyed Matt Hammil, whom I'm not a big fan of. His striking was really wild but he really was quite fast and did an excellent job using his length to always maintain a clearcut outside presence. I haven't seen a fighter work on the outside like that in ages.

I loved how he not only kept his balance when Hammil got the single leg but just started slamming hard lefts into Hammil while Jones hopped on one foot.

That Judo trip was beautiful and so quick. I couldn't believe a lanky guy like that had such smooth takedown I'm much more accustomed to short stocky guys doing the takedowns. Then he just passed guard quick as hell.

The outcome was ashame but appropiate. Nonetheless that was the most impressive fight in the whole show.
    My buddy was rooting for him from the get go but until last nite I've never seen him fight before.

Mark my words this guy a true threat in the light heavyweight division.

BTW: Isn't there a DC comic book character with the same name? Holla at me fellow comic book nerds

2. Alcatraz

Alcatraz Valued Member

I've been well impressed with Jones in his last few outings. If it wasn't for that downward elbow, he would have won that fight, and should have won it as Mazagatti (again) ballsed up in not stopping the fight when Hamill's hands went to his shoulder level, three elbows earlier, before the illegal strike.

I must say, since TUF 3, I've only been impressed with Hamill once, and that was his last fight.

RE: The DC Character, John Jones (J'onn J'onnz) was also known as the Martial Manhunter, a founder member of all the incarnations of the JLA. The character, along with Bruce Wayne (The Batman), was killed during the events known as 'The Final Crisis'.

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

HAHAHA I'm glad someone out there knew what I was talking about. I can't believe they killed of Bruce Wayne. The Martian Manhunter wasn't well known outside of DC fans but Batman? C'mon.

I would really like to see Jon Jones step it up a little and take on any of the former Champs or title contenders of the past year. I think he's ready to level up. I actually really want to see him duke it out with Anderson Silva. They both have length and speed. Silva's striking is basically perfect but Jon's got great outside control and doesn't mind going crazy on the ground. Plus both like to throw crazy kung fu movies style strikes.

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Would like to see.

Jones vs. Shogun
    Jones vs. Machida
    Jones vs. Mousasi
    Jones vs. Anderson
    Jones vs. Henderson

All would be epic as hell

5. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

He is not ready yet, give him a few more fights before facing them.

6. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I think he's ready. Unfortunately the LHW division is stacked. I can't really think of any LHW's who are mid-tier.... except it just hit me.

Jones vs. Franklin
    and/or
    Jones vs. Jardine.

I too might like to see him prove himself a li'l more befo gettin a main card fight but he needs to level up. Franklin and Jardine have really been beaten by too many of the top dogs for me to consider them top-tier anymore. But regardless Jones needs to level up.