John Whitman

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by blp03, Jan 1, 2012.

1. blp03

blp03 New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to get some background info on John Whitman and Krav Maga Alliance. I know he used to be the head of KMWW, but does anyone know why he left that organization? Also has he trained in Israel? I'm just asking because there seems to be a lot of politics involved in KM so it's kind of hard to wade through which orgs are legit and which ones aren't. I know the Israeli orgs (IKMF, Hiam's org in NY KMF, Krav Maga Global) are legit but the American orgs such as KMWW and KMA don't have a lot of history or lineage info to research. Any info or links to info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

2. blp03

blp03 New Member

bump

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

blp03, please don't bump forward a post that is less than 24 hours old.

MAP is generally slower and with less traffic on weekends and holidays. If someone has an answer to your question it will come soon enough.

Thank you.

Simon.

4. Revobuzz

Revobuzz Valued Member

Not sure why he left. I know Imi gave Darren Levine a black belt after he trained and Imi visited Darren in USA. Darren then set up KMWW, and John was president for a few years and would have done some training in Isreal I would have expected. Not sure if John trained with Imi though. John used to participate on a Krav Forum I'm on and he always sounded like he was legit. Took a lot of flack over the whol copyrighting the name issue though.

Just another example of politics making things nore complicated than they need to be I think.

5. blp03

blp03 New Member

Thank you very much for the reply. What is the krav forum? And again I apologize simon s.

6. Revobuzz

Revobuzz Valued Member

http://www.kravmaga.com/forum/

It is the KMWW forum but is used by kravists from diff groups too.