Joanna Zorya does snake...

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Fire-quan, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I could rephrase that, but I'm not going to!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVtKyhKCt0"]YouTube - Snake Applications[/ame]

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I've tidied up all the offensive comments. Keep it clean this time round please folks!

3. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

That's some skill. you'll get there one day firequan!

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Oh, no doubt.

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

So here's what I learned from sticking hands with my friend the other day, after having taken JKD (straight blast gym style). When I make an effort to stick hands, it tends to bring me in closer to the exchange and my opponent, stuffing my strikes. It's better to stand outside and make the bridge coincidental.

6. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

YEP Always better to attack one SIDE or the other rather than stand directly in front.

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

David, you should probably make yourself aware of the fact that I never actually said anything negative about this video - I pointed out the difference between those who love the art, and approach demonstrations from a professional viewpoint, and those who make personal jibes. I didn't say it does give XIng Yi a bad name, I said be professional and impersonal in assessing whether it does or doesn't - i.e. don't make vile jibes.

We all might do demonstrations of techniques - and that's how I treat such demonstrations - as demonstrations of techniques, for assessment, rather than as display of a person's skill, or a real application scenario. Not that I have made any comment on it one way or the other.

It's usually Liokault who says something dismissive - and I'm not sure that he can legitimately say that because I link to videos that he rips that I'm responsible for them being ripped. Equally, I didn't break in to Joanna's house and steal this and put it on the internet Star Wars kid style to humiliate her - I just linked to her video, as I often do, and will. Discussion means education means knowledge.

8. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I did say I was confused by the whole thing hehe.

9. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

And yet you know full well that historically Joannas stuff only gets negative comment.....this cycle has been done about three times now.

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Who's Joanna?

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

A former member of MAP and the light of Fire-quan's life.

12. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

But, does she like lamp?