JKD forms ?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xue Sheng, May 10, 2022.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I was just told, by someone with considerably more training than I have in JKD, who I trust and have no reason to doubt, that Bruce Lee created forms.

My question is was this when he was teaching Jun Fan Gung Fu or was this after he changed it to JKD?

What forms did he create?

I did recently read that Dan Inosanto had created a form or something close to it, but that is all I know

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

One form - Ung Moon. It was around 64/65 from creation to when he abandoned it, and it wasn't until Dan taught it publicly it was "revived".

There are a few videos of it floating around on YT.

axelb and Xue Sheng like this.
  3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

[​IMG]

axelb and Hannibal like this.
  4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He's like Candyman...mention Bruce Lee or Systema three times and he pops up behind you.

axelb, Hannibal and Simon like this.
  5. Xue Sheng

Thanks, so that is where the Dan Inosanto form came from...I will look for it.

6. Hannibal

Sup!

7. Hannibal

Mention Systema 3 times I come round and rip your lungs out....

8. Hannibal

Sort of

Ung Moon is Bruce's form not Dan's . Bruce stopped using and teaching it, Dan however saw some value in it both conceptually and historically

9. Xue Sheng

Yes, sorry, what my brain was thinking and what I typed were not the same. I meant to say it's that is why I saw a form from Dan Inosanto. It came from Bruce Lee, he stopped using it, and then Dan Inosanto brought it back.

Thank You, sorry for my confusion in my previous post