JKA European Championships

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Jamie Thomson, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Has anyone got some information on the JKA European Championships from Belgrade which were on on the 3rd April. This is all I've got so far from the JKAE site...

[font=Trebuchet MS,Arial,Helvetica]Despite not winning any medals, the JKA England men's and women's teams successfully battled their way through to the quarter finals of the competition, where the men were knocked out by the formidable Russian Team which included the current European Champion. Well done to all. Many thanks to the Yugoslavian hosts for their hospitality.[/font]

It would be nice to see photos, results listings, general babble about the event etc. I'm not just interested in the JKAE end of things, it's more an overall interest.

... and a well done to the JKAE squads. 4th for men and women (assuming that's the case based on the above) is well worth a pat on the back for the first European level event!

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  2. Paul Herbert

Paul Herbert New Member

Hi Jamie

I got back from Belgrade on Sunday evening having represented JKA England in Kata, Ind' Kumite and Team Kumite. The championship was of a very high standard in all catergories. The JKAE had two men in the last 16 of the individual kumite (Myself and Aissa Adjajdj) and the mens team lost by a whisker (some would say controversially) to the winners Russia in the quarter final. In most sections, many of the JKAE squad were beaten by eventual winners or atleast finalists. A very promising first international championship for JKAE especially as many of the squad had not competed at that level before. I'll put some photo's on the site later with hopefully a full list of winners.

Oss ~ Paul

3. Hi Paul,

That'd be good thanks.

I have heard the Russian squad are quite strong.
    A very good start for the JKAE in international competition it seems.

Well done to all who competed and to the coaches!

I'll look forward to the results & photos.

Thanks