jits w/ hits

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by faster than you, Jul 17, 2005.

1. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

who here practices 'jits with hits'? if you do are you capable of regularly pulling off submissions without taking much punishment?
    i find that maintaining an overhook w/ one arm and control of the head or bicep of the opponent work well as a strike defense while in the guard. the high guard also helps in controling the opponent and in easing submissions.

2. NZ Ninja

NZ Ninja Live wire.

We used to train with punches sometimes,You would be on the bottom with the person in your guard,they would try to throw 2 punches at your face,I learnt a bridging escape a choke and armbar from this position.
    Havent trained for 2 years now but am going back in a few weeks.Miss it alot.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I find I take alot more punishment when im on the bottom; and because of this, I find it alot safer being the one ontop of them :)

4. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

my favorite training partner is a big-man who loves the top so i have become quite good at defending/submitting from the bottom while he's punching at me. staying calm plays a key role in success from the bottom. many people will turn their heads or even close their eyes. confidece also is huge especially when going for submissions. passivity is deadly for the bottom man.
    call me an elitist, but i find little art in just pounding someone from the mount; though i go for that as often as i can.

5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Yep. It's nice bashing in someone's face from the mount. But I think it's far more fun getting the guy off you in style and win :D...