jh1's Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by jh1, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

Well I guess I’ll jump into the ring and start a training log. My weekly training schedule does not very much, but I will Include specifics on what I worked on that night, what I feel I need to work on, etc. So if I cheat and miss a session or didn’t do something everyone here will know. The day time is for family and myself, unless I have a fight coming up. If I have a fight coming up I will train during the day as well. Ill start off now and list my schedule, and I will update when the day is done. I also think it might be a good Idea to list who I train under so if there is any changes everyone will know, and why. So here it goes.

My current Schedule

Monday
    6:00pm-8:00pm BJJ, Under Robert Drysdale
    8:00pm-9:30pm Muay Thai, Under Mark Beecher
    10:00pm- Until I get done, Weight Train, Shoulders

Tuesday
    5:00pm-6:00pm MMA, Under Jorge Lopez / Wanderlei Silva
    6:00pm-7:00pm BJJ, Under Vitor Vianna
    7:00pm-8:00pm Boxing, Under Mike Smith
    8:00pm-9:00pm Muay Thai, Under Michael Costa
    9:00pm- Until I get done Weight Train, Legs

Wednesdays
    5:30pm-6:00pm MMA, Under Jorge Lopez / Wanderlei Silva
    6:00pm-7:00pm BJJ No-Gi, Under Vitor Vianna
    7:00pm-8:00pm Muay Thai, Under Michael Costa

Thursdays
    6:00pm-7:00pm BJJ, Under Vitor Vianna
    7:00pm-8:00pm Boxing, Under Mike Smith
    8:00pm-9:00pm Muay Thai, Under Michael Costa
    9:00pm- Until I get done, Weight Train, Back and Biceps

Fridays
    6:00pm-7:00pm BJJ No-Gi, Under Vitor Vianna
    8:00pm-10:00pm Muay Thai, Under Mark Beecher
    10:00pm- Until I get done, Weight Train, Chest, Triceps

Saturday
    9:00am-10:30 Karate with :censored: (that would narrow down who I am, and I do appreciate the annomity of the internet)
    Rest of the day is for my family

Sunday’s are for family, absolutely no exceptions

2. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

9-26-11

Last night really worked me over (mentally). I was at BJJ and for the first time in quite a while I really did not enjoy it. Of course I love rolling but by the time we got to rolling I was already ready to get BJJ over with for the night. Maybe because of the skill work we where doing. We where going over Skirt Chokes and I really hate drilling those, I always get collar burns on my throat, and that is one of the few things that really **** me off. When I am rolling and people attempt any kind of Gi choke I get really agitated and find myself going into competition mode against that person. When it came time for rolling I was just being lazy and working from guard. I wasn't actively looking to sweep or even submit, I was really spent the next 30min stalling with people. Sure if something was there I took it, but then I would just pull guard again. The only good thing that came out of that was, I forgot that I shouldn't be lazy with a new blue belt ex-wrestler, who is trying to prove he is a blue.
    As far as Muay Thai went. It was a little better did a lot of pad work, and then went right into sparring doing a round robin with everyone in there, and that was pretty much it.
    My weight training was pretty good, that is always great for me time at the end of the day.

3. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Welcome to the training log section. Looking forward to reading yours.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I'm surprised you've not burned out!

That schedule reminds me of when I was 18, though with less personal training time in the balance. :)

5. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

Well sometimes I will take a week off;)

6. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

for 9/27/11 and 9/28/11

Well Tuesdays training was pretty so so, MMA pretty much worked on take downs from off the fence and tactics for keeping space between your opponent and the cage so they cant wall walk to get back up. For BJJ pretty much worked on ways to set up the Americana from side control it was pretty basic stuff. Boxing we did a bit of shoulder rolling work and focused on head movement and cutting off angles. For Muay Thai we worked on fighting from the clinch, a lot of knees from angles and close range elbow strikes.
    For Wednesday I decided to take the day off. My elbow has been bothering me. It feels like every-time I move my arm I get the sensation in my elbow like I hit my funny bone. I'm wondering what thats about? I hate doctors and don't really want to go if its just something that needs a little rest.

7. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

9/29/11

Took the night off. I just signed a bout agreement, and will start camp tomorrow. I already know I need to work on my gas tank.

8. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Do some katas. ;)

9. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

Ok, Im exhausted from this mornings training and need t recharge for latter. I guess rather than jotting everything I do down, Ill do a weekly recap of my training. Also I decided there would be no harm in doing some Kata before I run off to train each day. So on nekoashi's advice I decided to start doing that again. I decided to focus on one Kata a week. Doing it everyday in the morning before I go off to train. This week I'm focusing on Bassai-Sho.

10. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

It was a bit tongue in cheek based upon our last conversation, but they would be a very good exercise for what you are looking for if done with enough intensity and duration.

11. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

Yeah I know, but I'm doing it as a sort of experiment to really see if it really does help in my sort of training. I really don’t see how it would help for my purposes. However I could prove myself wrong.

12. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

10-20-11

Ok here is my training log. Everything is a blur, I ache all over, and I'm running late today.

13. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Keep training hard and keep your chin up. Its all for a purpose.:cool: