Jesus Christ (real or not?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Oct 19, 2016.

1. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

Dats right jus change da subject on meh.

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

We still on da subject of punishment brah.

3. 8limbs38112

Maybe in the fairy tale world you seem to be living in. And I don't think you even skimmed over the article that I posted. Showing me the same respect I showed you by reading the article I posted.

4. David Harrison

I read every word. I even quoted the last few paragraphs so I'd guess you knew that I read it. I have the feeling you only read the beginning of the article you posted, and I know you didn't read all of the article I posted because you told me you didn't.

So, anyway, the guy who eschews peer-reviewed research for ancient texts and anecdote is lecturing me on living in a fairy tale world... Sweet, sweet irony :)

5. 8limbs38112

These debates are going to go on and on until the book of revelations comes true. Debate one subject then next thing you know, I'm debating 5 people and the subject changes and this is going to go on forever. I haven't even had a chance to address the questions and arguments in the other thread, let's just call it quits.

6. David Harrison

I magnanimously accept your capitulation :D

7. 8limbs38112

I am a little mad at you now, for making me have to go get the dictionary.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

"Logic" clearly means something very different in your world

9. David Harrison

Then at least you can't say you didn't learn anything from our debate :)

10. 8limbs38112

Why do you say that?

11. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

I'm not speaking for Hannibal but you good sir have an "unconventional" idea of what constitutes sound logic. See post 113 for further explanation.

12. 8limbs38112

Ok, I pulled up the post that you are referring to. First of all, in order for your post to be a valid argument against me, you have to give examples. Otherwise I won't know what exactly you are talking about. Making vague accusations doesn't help me be able to respond properly, which is why I avoided this post altogether.

And there are arguments and evidence supporting the idea that Jesus came back to life after death. But if I typed it out, as there are facts connected to other facts that lead to the evidence, my post would be entirely too long and it would be too time consuming for me to type it all out. I would also have to refer back to the book I read since I don't remember exactly what it said.

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So unending?

14. TwirlinMerlin

So.......you can provide exactly the same kind of "evidence" I could give you that Santa Claus exists? So you do see the comparison! If you believe in Jesus then you must believe in Santa as well.

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

We're all still waiting for you to present any evidence of any sort.

16. 8limbs38112

No, I won't. There is no comparison. Santa Clause is a fictional made up character. Jesus or Yeshua is someone that even atheist historians acknowledge was a real person that existed.

17. 8limbs38112

Understand, that in these arguments, it is me (one person) vs about 20 people. I keep getting distracted. But I will revive the other thread we were having discussion in later, and I will answer people's questions including yours.

18. David Harrison

You're fielding them from all over!

It's been fun talking theology with you, I hope you keep going :)

19. TwirlinMerlin

Ah, yet Jesus the man died. Much like Saint Nicholas the man died. But the stories teach us that they both came back as magical beings. Frankly I think Santa is way cooler.

20. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Ah, the morbid, dogmatic Christian longing for the end of times, death and apocalypse that Hitchens so brilliantly described.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016