Jesus Christ (real or not?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

If only it were that easy friend, if the game were not rigged as it currently is.

What I mean by that is that when you look at the paper trail of money when it comes to the modern day drug industry, you will find Big Pharma and conglomerate interests, like fingerprints all over these professional peer reviewed experiments and studies. Not all but the ones that count and have influence.

Doctors often find themselves salespeople for these drug companies in exchange for monetary rewards for meeting sales quota, hence earning them commissions.

Now do you honestly believe that these medical mafias, these pharmaceutical giants built on all this money, would allow a peer-reviewed, case-study symposium-experiment of any significant value or influence to be featured, showcasing a healing methodology that in some cases, didn't require the usage of their money making drugs, (most of which cause many deaths in North America and abroad)?

And you can bet they will do everything in their power to stop that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YftgFd0K19g"]8 Doctors Now Dead (Holistic & Alternative) Authorities Point To Murder & Suicide, But Why? - YouTube[/ame]

This is more of a grass-roots movement. It is still in its infancy, fairly new. I am still learning and building my own practice of it, working and getting good results with myself and others, so please allow me to make my own decisions and move forward with it at my own pace, if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Problems within the medical community do not validate fringe practices. Try again.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I affectionately call this the Freddy Kreuger effect :)

4. David Harrison

That is a very good case for reforming the pharmaceutical industry and regulating the influence of corporations on medical practice and research.

It is not a good case for eschewing rigorous testing of medicines for public consumption.

Alternative "medicine" also kills people, mainly from the avoidance of clinically proven medicine. Sometimes the treatments themselves kill people though, a leading paediatrician called for alternative "medicine" to be banned for children in the UK the other week after a naturopath put a child with autism in hospital.

I honestly never thought for a second that words typed by a stranger would make any difference to your decisions. If you are confident in your knowledge then answering any questions should be easy, fun even.

When you say "practice", do you mean you are making money out of this? I'm guessing someone is.

5. philosoraptor

Quantum physics, arrived at through hundreds of years of rigorous testing, means that testing doesn't matter anymore. Didn't you hear? It's quantum!

6. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Condescending much?

I was making a point about why this hasn't gotten the mainstream attention. Regardless, in spite of that, it is still growing steadily in the number of practitioners and has a pretty solid web and online presence for those interested and you know what counts to me, that it's making a difference in people's lives and my own and not what random people on the internet think.

Read my previous posts if you'd like more information

7. David Harrison

It's our anti-intellectual post-expert age :(

Though, to be fair, it's nothing new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_pseudoscience

I mean, how can someone talk about getting yes or no answers from muscles with a straight face, when it is just using the same techniques that spiritualists and diviners were using in the 19th Century?

8. David Harrison

What I don't get is why quantum physics is even mentioned, as there is clearly no theoretical basis, let alone evidential basis, for mentioning it. It's just marketing spin. It is a cynical tactic to separate the credulous from their money.

9. philosoraptor

Sounds like Mormonism.

10. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

One question? How much research have you done into any of this?

See ya when you get back ;)

PS I'm not in it for the money but skeptics almost always usually go right for that one.

The ones who have chosen to give me compensation in any way for the service have never asked for it back, that's for damn sure.

I guess there weren't enough peer reviewed studies to see that one coming

11. David Harrison

I'm back! :)

I'd say I've done more research into quantum physics and comparative studies of esoteric metaphysical models from around the world than you, based on our conversation so far (but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!).

So you are getting paid then?

Do the kickbacks work just through book and DVD sales, or do you pay a commission or franchise fee up the chain?

12. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Then you sir, after all those long posts I wrote talking about it and asking you to research more, must have a hella huge filter on your perception and a very assumptive way of thinking.

It was worth every cent to me because of what it's done for my family and I and for allowing me to help others help heal themselves by making conditions right for the body.

13. philosoraptor

You mean it's worth every cent because of what you think it's done for your family, but you haven't conducted any research to be sure that it's not confirmation bias, etc.

14. David Harrison

Not that I don't have filters on my perception, because we all do, it's just that I've seen all this before in many guises.

Still, it's good that you feel it is worth every cent. The customer is always right!

15. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

No confirmation bias when a sciatic nerve issue is healed practically overnight and the guy is back in the saddle of a large pick up truck the very next morning.

Hahahahaha, if only you guys knew. That's what makes this so darn ironic and funny :)

I'm not here to have an intellectual ****ing contest. You may have looked at what you looked at David, but did you look at the specific materials I outlined in the previous posts, those ones? Forget what you know. Put your pride down and see something new, and then make a decision.

''Condemnation without investigation is the height of all ignorance'' - Einstein

16. philosoraptor

Without testing that's exactly what you are describing. You believe that your treatment worked, you did not test nor control for it, something happened and you said "AHA, it works!" Literally, that's exactly what confirmation bias describes.

Yup, investigation. Testing. Research. Peer review. Believing what you're spoon fed without those things is worse than ignorance, it's idiocy. I have a bridge you might be interested in purchasing.

17. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

It's like I'm talking to kids here.

Do the research, there is evidence behind this.

How many times more?

18. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Am I speaking to a human being here or a dalek?

Software, I dunno.

Classic abuse. Sociopathic kinda.

You sound like a nicer guy the more you post mate :)

19. philosoraptor

Present the peer reviewed evidence, then we can talk. You've simply posted youtube videos and platitudes.

EXTERMINATE BAD SCIENCE.

You sound like you're misinforming people and charging them for snake oil.

20. David Harrison

Yes, I've been reading about Bradley Nelson.

I also read this interesting bit of text from bodycodehealingsystem.com:

"Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee. Any claims made or results reported are not typical. Your Results may vary. We make no claim that you will receive any health benefits whatsoever. Where specific examples are quoted from individuals there is no assurance you will do as well. In the event that you use the information for your own health, you are prescribing for yourself which is your constitutional right and for which the author and publisher of this program assume no responsibility. The information is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace or substitute for conventional medical care, or encourage its abandonment."

Which, to me, is no different from this:

[​IMG]

All the nonsense he's pasted together is bunk.

Let's start with Applied Kinesiology:

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/applied-kinesiology-by-any-other-name/

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/applied-kinesiology-and-self-deception/