Jeet Kune Do Center: As a whole

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Cannonballken, Mar 1, 2005.

?

What is Bruce Lee to you

Poll closed Mar 6, 2005.
  1. A fighter

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. a martial artist as a whole (monkfish)

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. just don't care

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. If I see another Brucey thread I will scream

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Bruce Lee made his arta martial art ...He incorporated a way of life a way of teaching his students...A Way of combat etc...to make Jeet Kun Do
    In this thread I don't want ego or power hungry people agrueing simple facts ...I want to disicuss with you the real Jeet kune do as a hole not cut up into the bits in pieces .. so many of us look at it in that way its sad ...

There is no such thing as an effective segment of totality . How can one respond to the totality with (a) partial, fragmentary patern (view) ? In the greater the lesser is , but in the lesser the greater is not -Bruce Lee
    :eek: I recomend BRuce lee striking thoughts to all you , my fellow martial artsist

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

A fighter, mon!

3. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Really and why do you say that Jeet kune do ....i mean back what you say with fact or supposed fact and ..Ill kinda respect that ...ha ha ha laughs

4. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

not sure what u are detting at,but try to answer
    jkd is a way of expressing your self,way of examing yourself,finding your own igorance,being effectve in combat

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I cant vote, cos Id say neither. He was just a movie star (and bad at that).

Sorry. :D

6. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

seeing as how he was discoevered at one of ed parkers karate tourneys i called him a fighter. other than that i agree with sp

7. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Weel well as Bruce lee said himself ignorance is blind........I say i can kinda see your orgin of point ...but consider the fact that if you looked up bruce Lee real good you would find Bruce lee is a Martial artist and he wasn't found by Ed Parkers tournement he was found to AMERICANS WHO DON"T know crap about him or martial arts ..he did GGung fu and wing chun far before he was"discovered by ed parker...and the weak person Ed parker I pity him

8. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

wow, i guess you're blind ken, "discovered" is a term that is often used to describe how the became famous. for instance, ed parker, coincedentally the founder of the art that i take, "discovered" bl at a karate tourney he held every year. thats when his popularity in america started.
    dont ask for someones opinion if you dont want it

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  9. Len

Len Valued Member

Pardon me, but hasn't this subject been debated to death already for the past 32 years? Bruce Lee wanted to be the one person on earth that no one could beat in a no-rules unarmed fight and he chose martial arts initally as a vehicle to get him there. Along the way he picked up a lot of beneficial by-products in his quest such as improved health, fitness, knowledge, security, strength, philosophy, etc. I would identify him as a martial artist as a whole....he was both philosopher and fighter. He as also a hell of a teacher from what I hear. Acting was something that helped put bread on the table. But his first and foremost love was fighting. His weak points was his insecurity over his size which resulted in his constant need to show off and desire to be the best.

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

**Applause**

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Erm, where's the options for "just don't care" and "If I see another Brucey thread I will scream"?

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Look again :Angel:

13. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Out of intrest how did you know/find out about his insecurity over his size?

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Cheers boss! :D:D

*Votes*

15. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

hahahahaha LOL yoda strikes again :woo:

16. Sgt_Major

/me is now able to vote too ;)

17. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

**Big Applause** Guess which way I voted;)

18. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

I can't believe in all the years I've been on the forsaken internet :D that I'd still come to see a thread such as this. The man's dead, all the documentaries you can find are out in the open and I do mean very open at that. I'm not sure of how good an actor Bruce really was as all I 've watched are dubs, and the english stuff wasn't so great. I have yet to see way of the dragon, where bruce uses his cantonese (if he ever did that is). But in sum, watch the documentary material, read his books (if you want) and formulate your opinion. Maybe if the thread was titled a little differently maybe I'd take it a little seriously. But this reminds me too much of fandom.

19. Sgt_Major

:D

The similarities between us are getting a little uncanny Pat..... ;)

20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I rekon me old man, or could it be..... naw, scrub that thought.:eek: