Jean Claud Van Damme going to K1

Discussion in 'MMA' started by CobraMaximus, Dec 11, 2004.

1. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

Nope I didnt believe it either. He has been training 3 hours a day with fitness and practicing MA for K1 and intends to go to K1 at the grand age of 45 in like 6 months or something. He wants to be known as the only actor who has competed in K1 and to be K1s oldest competitor or something, Ill try and find the article for you.

2. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

If this is real this will be the chance to see how good a fighter he really is. ;)

3. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

[cynicism]I'll give him two rounds before he breaks a hip.[/cynicism]

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Now now people, Van Damme has shown his MA prowess in, erm, err, in... Hmmm :confused:

Well he's at the the equivalent of the awesome Ralph Macchio in 'The Karate Kid' ;)

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

haha. k-1 will go one of two ways- give him an absolute can and try to promote him as the new big thing, or

give him to someone like Sefo or Lebanner so he gets killed and looks like an idiot. Im hoping for the latter.

6. CobraMaximus

He is a good fighter cois he was a champ in france i believe but i dunno if an old boy like him can handlke k1

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

You never know, he could tan some serious hide :confused: :eek: :D

8. Jdub

Jdub New Member

it'll be interesting to see if he can actually fight

9. CobraMaximus

Randy Couture is 40 and is still a champ but the thing is he has been keeping in the peak of his physical condiiton for what 20 years? Van Damme is trying rebuild his fitness so that might disadvantage him

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

LOL i would love to see someone like Van Damme take on LeBanner :) My money would definatly be on LeBanner!

Are you sure this is true? It seems alittle far fetched to be true.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I say good luck to the man!

(If this is true)
    He's training for it and he's going for it. At least he's not sitting down saying how crap K1 is, he's gonna go into it and see for himself.
    Win or lose, at least he went for it.

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Definatly :) But weather or not hes doing it for self promotion, or weather he's doing it because he genuinely wants to see if he is capable, thats a different matter.

13. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

and the first K1 fighter to die in the ring :D

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

K1 will most probably pit him against some nobody fighter at first. His name will sell tickets all over the world.

15. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Will he pause to flex after every strike?

16. tbubb1

tbubb1 Notes of Autumn

Hah!

ROFL ! I can see him flexing after every move, that'd be freaking hilarious. Maybe the sight of his glorious muscles alone would force his opponent into mental submission.

17. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Look out for teh deadly ballet! If he does well, don't be surprised if ballet schools throughout the world start advertising themselves as "self-defence".

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol, I'm afraid to admit it, but that is all too true :)

19. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

i'm not too sure what his chances are against K-1 fighters, but he's got as much chance as anyone else hasn't he.....he's not just your average joe....he has trained and has skill so if he trains he could stand a good chance.

20. Iceman#1

Iceman#1 Banned Banned

Maybe he should fight Royce Gracie than??
    Royce is rumoured to enter K-1...

Both of them shouldn't be experts in standing fights, so it should be a good match

Imagine:

Jean Claude van Damme vs. Royce Gracie

- That should get world-wide attention!! :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004