Jason Statham (The Transporter)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Intan86, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Hi, guys.

I saw The Transporter(movie) and was intrested to know what style was Jason Statham used? I've searched on the net but they did not tell if Jason practised any style of MA. Is he really a MAist? Because most of his movies were action based that includes fights like ''Snatch''. I know his athletic but he seem very well trained in MA. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks. :)

Intan :Angel:

2. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Along with being an olympic diver, he did kickboxing. Not sure if he studied anthing else.

3. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Oh, he did kickboxing. Why is it not stated in his biography? I think people know him as an Olympic diver only.

4. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

He does moviedo :D

Hehehehe!

5. nekogami13

He trained, I don't think he actualy competed/fought. It's on special features of a dvd or magazine aticle somewhere. I can't remember.

6. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

I think he only studied the basics of Kickboxing. He looks very convincing with the moves. He's talented in sports. So, a little Kickboxing is enough.

7. crumpet

crumpet Valued Member

for some reason i've always been under the impression he did savate. anyone have any idea if that might be true?

8. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Savate? Never heard of that style before.

9. nekogami13

"According to Michel Delahaye, in his book La Boxe Française, Ergo Press, April 1989, the French style of fighting with the hands and feet, known as Boxe Francaise (French Boxing), was assimilated by Charles Lecour (1808 - 94), the son of a French baker, in 1832. Prior to that time, a method of fighting existed in old Paris where the combatants kicked one another with their everyday shoes on. The common name for a street shoe at that time was "savate" (pronounced sa-vat), which simply meant 'old shoe'. The name savate, therefore, became associated with this particular method of street-fighting.

Those early street brawls did not stop at kicking however, as gouging, wrestling and headbutting are also said to have taken place (just like in England today!). The first person to make an attempt to systematise savate was Michel Casseux (aka) ****eux (1794 - 1869), who opened the first 'official' Salle (training establishment) in 1825. Unfortunately, savate was still recognised by many as a style of street-fighting, and therefore, initially only attracted those of dubious means and character."-from website http://www.cambridgemartialarts.freeserve.co.uk/history.htm

10. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Yeah that's a sweeeeeeet movie! :woo:

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

the transporter = one wikid movie
    cool MA, cool driving, cool explosions :) all i need in an action movie :D

12. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i ought to see it some time then

13. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i love snatch, honest.

i think its his best flick. any movie i have seen with him are good, he is pretty "cool" in the style of acting.

another good one is lock stock and two smoking barrels. umm theres one random messed up movie with ice cube that wasnt bad... like they were stuck on mars and there was lots of stuff. lol

i haven't seen the transporter yet, i am gonna find it now!

14. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

I luvd that asian chuck in the transporter. My goodness she was hot (Even if she was a little too skinny.). Savate if a very effective style of kickboxing; probably the best next to Muay Thai. One of the instructors at my gym is a Savate Master.

15. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

The Asian's chick name is Shu Qi (pronounce it as Shu-shoe Qi-Chi~Shoe Chi).

16. Dirk Dagger

Dirk Dagger I Love Kelly Hu

It's a good movie. I think his MA moves in the film is greatly influenced by Jet Li's moves. Afterall, he worked with the MA legend in the film THE ONE.

But that kissing scene he did underwater with another guy is just gross! The scene with Shu Qi on the other hand is just amazing.

And oh, bald guys are just awesome. He's now on my top list of bald guys I wanna be. Like Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, and Jason Statham. hehehe :D

17. Jim

Jim New Member

Yeah, but what's the Asian chuck's name? ;)

18. Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage Valued Member

Trained in kickboxing and Jujutsu reported in his biographies...

19. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

random thread resurrection!! :D

20. tideliar

tideliar Valued Member

An act of Threadomancy has been committed!! :D (yeah, not mine, but i love it anyway)