Jackie Chan films

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by TheMachine, Dec 28, 2005.

1. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I'm starting collecting Jackie Chan kung fu flicks. Care to share what I need to have in my collection? I already have drunken master 1 and 2, I'm looking for snake in the eagle's shadow. What are the other must have films?

2. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

My specialty, Jackie Chan films are my favorite.

New Police Story
    Police Story
    Police Story 2
    Police Story 3: Supercop
    Project A
    Project A2
    Jackie Chan's First Strike
    Rumble in the Bronx
    Mr. Nice Guy
    Jackie Chan's Who Am I?
    Operation Condour: Armour of God
    Operation Condour: Armor of God 2
    Thunderbolt (he had to use a stunt double in this one quite a bit, cause he hurt himself badly on a film before)

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I have some of these a well, am looking into the old school flicks just like the one's I mentioned. i already have these that you mentioned except for rumble in the bronx and the project a series

4. gutsglorydesire

gutsglorydesire New Member

There was this movie i saw a couple of years ago where Jackie has basically just two fight sequences . Both long and with the same person. That man is even shorter than Chan and is specifically brought to beat him . Chan loses the first fight but wins the second,just. And says that he actually lost the 2nd too since the other fighter was in a lower wt class.

For the life of me i cant remember the name :bang: :bang:

If you do tell me also. Apart from that and others mentioned i also quite liked Magnificient Bodyguards :D

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Plus best of all 'Magnificent Bodyguards' rips off the theme from 'Star Wars'. :D Love it.

6. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Spiritual kung fu is my favorite old school chan film!

Gutsgloryanddesire I believe your thinking of Gorgeous with Shu Qi as the female lead.

7. gutsglorydesire

gutsglorydesire New Member

Yes Yes yes ...thankyou .Thats it !!!!

8. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

there is this one I cant remember the name. jackie is a kid from the country he wants to learn kung fu eventually he went into shaolin monastery. Then, seven chinese fairies or creatures gave him the gift of the 5 animal fist. Really good kung fu scenes.

meals on wheels another favourite.
    starring jackie, sammo, yuen biao and benny the jet

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I can't believe you guys missed out Young Master! It's one of my favourites up with drunken master and snake in eagles shadow.

10. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

Drunken Master is great.

11. Frogman316

Frogman316 New Member

Shaolin Wooden Men

There is one called Shaolin Wooden Men that I think Chan was in.

12. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Dragon's Forever.

Its probably too new-school for you, but if you don't have it, get it. Its the semi sequel to "Wheels on Meals." Again, its Jackie, Sammo, and Yuen. The film contains some wonderful 3 Stooges homages and the rematch between Jackie and Bennie "I wear way too much mascara" the Jet. Plus Yuen does some phenominal work (in my opinion again demonstrating he has the most raw physical talent of the three).

- Matt

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Here's some old school ones.

Cannonball Run
    Spiritual Kung Fu
    Shaolin Wooden Men
    Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin
    Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
    Drunken Master
    Young Master

Here's one of his oldest, part of the movie was with him, the other was with a look a like, it's worth checking out.

Master with Cracked Fingers

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Accidental Spy

reason: I'm in it for like 0.5 seconds :D

New Police Story is good

Do not get Twins Effect or the sequel cos they are really bad.

15. ninjanick

ninjanick New Member

Cant remember the name of the movie..............But Chan's name in the movie was "Die Hard" or something like that........does anybody know the name of that movie??? :bang:

16. Jesse@RTKD

Jesse@RTKD New Member

Mr canton and the lady rose
    Dragons forever
    Dragon lord
    Crime story

Just thought i'd add few of his often overlooked..yet excellent films...

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Which part?

18. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

re

Heart Of Dragon.
    Fearless Hyena.

19. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

well, this title is not really a movie per se.

but, couple of years back i loaned from blockbuster movies a vhs tape on all the stunts done by jackie in his films. worth digging it up.

Jackie is a crazy dude, let see, JC fall off watch tower i think in project a, and hit by helicopter in another one.

and also, my all time OMG i cant believe i just watched that JC movie:
    Mr. Tuxedo, who am I?, the medallion. totally crap iMHO.

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The first 10 mins where the bank is robbed. You see me cowering in the corner wearing a blue coat :D Thats right....cowering.

I had a stunt but I got cut out :( Supposed to get hit by the pram that Jackie throws.

"Who am I?" dont suck! Note the detail and passion they did for that film!

They were so devoted they totally overlooked obvious mistakes such as....Jackie punches the main bad guy who is a balding white dude, but the person on the floor is a full haired chinese dude whose a good foot shorter.

And everyone knows that amnesiacs always run up a random hill, stand on 2ft concrete pillar and scream the film title!

Classic

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006