It's All About the Strength

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

No, (5.23 - 5.30) is not it.

2. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

ok this topic is getting a bit out of hand

3. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Now I start to wonder whether you even understand the meaning of those words. Old Chinese saying said, "When your give your opponent space, either force him or bait him to step into that space while you are not there, that's lead him into the emptiness." Old Chinese saying even give a general name for that and that's "dog eat daffoldils."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  4. komuso

komuso Valued Member

This is the first time I have ever done this ...

but,

Mods, do we REALLY need to keep flogging this dead horse. I mean I don't like horses, but, well...

paul

5. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Actually, using skill makes you a worse martial artist, because it means you can't make use of as much of your strength, so there we go, can we drop this?

6. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Ya right, I see the problem' , if that video is an example of how you train, you will have a very hard time getting past first level of development.

I have had students that trained that way and it does not lead any ware. The moves usually only work if the opponent lets you do it to them or you get lucky, and does not develop you to move past body level application or self development.

If you ever meet someone that it is integrated , none of those moves will work on them. Now you want to know what integrated means, well unless you have it or feel it, words won't mean much trying to explain it to you.

Cheers

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

My guess is that you cannot explain it. I asked you in a previous post to make a better job of explaining your arguements, I even showed an example of how to do it.

This thread is set for lockdown if you continue to tell everyone they are wrong, but without a better explanation of how to do it any better.

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

could you please explain these levels of development and what field of study the theories behind them originate from?

9. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Hey Simon,

I missed your last post, just took a look at it, the description given their are just tactics training, O K. For timing development and application , a lot better than the video by you know.

The body integration I am refereeing to is needed for any of those application to be applied efficiently.

To develop body integration you need an interactive feedback loop with a partner that allows reprogramming the bodies response to external pressures.

Some styles have routines that will do this, tai-chi has some if done correctly will develop this, wing chun has chi Sao which if done correctly can give some feedback but is limited in its full body development, Yi Quan has some routiines that provide feedback too.

Once you get the body integration, all techniques will work, style is not important,... at that point, they are just kind of like expressions of your
    personality.

Is that what you want ?,I can't explain how to do each set up, it takes books for that and hands on correction.

PS The feedback loop needs to be a constant unbroken connection.

Cheers

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

You have mentiones the following styles that have "body integration" training:

- Taiji
    - WC
    - Yi Quan

Which style do you train? Who is your teacher?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you can only knock your opponent down when he advances (A + B > A), but you can't knock him down when he retreats (A - B < A), your punch (A) is not strong enough.

Only when you don't have enough, you will need to borrow. Does Bill Gates need to go to bank to apply for loan? Of course not. Why? Because he doesn't have to. He has enough. This is such a simple logic that anybody with 20 IQ will be able to understand. Continue to argue on this "simple" subject is indeed an insult on our intellegency.

I agree that we need to drop this. Everything needed to be said, had been said.

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sparring?

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Just ask Brock Lesnar. :rolleyes:

Ok in all seriousness I agree with Hannibal when he stated...

That pretty much sums up strength for the most part in this respect.

In my opinion of course.

With that said power comes from good technique also, so being strong physically doesn't mean someone will automatically win over someone who isn't. I'm physically stronger than quite a few guys in my gym but they can all mostly kick harder than me because they know how to kick properly and have better conditioning on their striking areas, whereas I'm still learning the correct techniques. Once I learn and have trained my kicks then it may be a different story.

14. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

15. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Sparring is like testing, good for feedback of your ability of application ,but not good for reprogramming the body mind mistakes, sparring teaches you more of how to hide your weaknesses not fix them.

That video you posted does not work.

Cheers

PS. I am not saying strength does not work, if you don't have body integration to counter strength, then strength will dominate.

So if you have strength and body integration, that is better yet.

16. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I told you he was a chunner.

17. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

18. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Where do you live?

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Again same question.

20. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

What does that have to do with discussion ?.

I am not close to the UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.