ITF World Champs

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by ShadowWarrior, Jul 22, 2005.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Hi, Im just wondering how many people went to to ITF world champs in Caloundra, Australia this month. I definately was. Supporting New Zealand and the Cook Islands! It was great. If you've got any pictures you should upload them so we can all see. :D
    [​IMG]
    Female Free Sparing

[​IMG]
    Our team (plus some Haiti members) with GM's and president Chang Ung

Cheers

2. Jesse@RTKD

Jesse@RTKD New Member

I wish i went...i live only an hour away from Caloundra!!! Damn work...

3. benneb

benneb New Member

Yeah, I did. I thought it was really good.
    I've got about 6 hours footage, I'll try to edit it down and put some on the web :)

4. ShadowWarrior

Ya it was really good. I sadly got only about 4hours of footage because our camera battery only lasted for an hour... :( What team were you supporting? Did you compete?
    If you have any pictures you should upload some of them aswell.
    Cheers,
    :)

5. angry

angry Valued Member

Did you all feel that the spectator entry fee was justified? It was a very expensive event to be held outside a capital city ( even if only a hour or two up the road from Bris.)

6. ShadowWarrior

I did think it was a bit of a stupid price for door fees... something like $39AUS for a half day pass. Stupid if you ask me! If they wanted to make money they would have been better to drop the prices and advertise it more...it wasn't advitised at all...as far as i know. Stupid. I guess thats their loss though. Still I think it was an event worth seeing if you had the money...Did you go angry?

7. benneb

benneb New Member

Well, I'm from Australia so technically I was supporting them. But really I just went along to see some good ITF taekwondo, which I did.
    I wasn't competing, but am considering trying out in a few years. Which events were you competing in?

Yeah, my digiCam battery only lasted about 90 minutes, so I had to keep plugging it into the mains for half an hour, it was quite anonying :p

I paid around $200 to spectate the whole event, I thought it was a bit pricey. Especially since the first two days were free!

I have no idea why it was held in a small town rather than the city.. I guess it might of had something to do with availability or cost. It was a shame really, because I wanted to see Brisbane's city, but didn't really get time..

8. angry

angry Valued Member

As for why it was on the Sunshine Coast? That is where the organiser lives and he probably was able to get a lots of stuff sorted through his contacts in the community rather than going down to Brisbane!

9. ShadowWarrior

Na I didn't compete...im hopefully going to the junior worlds next year in Bulgaria and competing. :D