ITF world champs help

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by marais, Jan 20, 2004.

1. marais

marais New Member

hey peeps

I am thinking of entering/working my into the world champs for 2005.more specific for power destruction and special techniques.

can anybody give me some advice on preperation and what to expect?
    by the way this is for ITF TKD

2. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

Don' you have to be a member of the national team to enter the world championships. Ie you dont get to go unless your national coach says you can.

3. marais

marais New Member

i have been scouted by our team leaders.of course i still have to prove myself in the trials.
    but i would like to know basically what to expect and how to prepare for an international event like this.even if i dont go next year i would like my path to lead there soon

4. SirKickalot

SirKickalot New Member

Marais,

Have you entered many local/national competitions before? This can help as a build up to the Larger Events.
    Good Luck with your preparations.

5. marais

marais New Member

lots of locals some nationals mostly for all styles full contact,and did very well(in fighting)

but never worked with the breaking and special tech's.

6. Buxton TKD

Buxton TKD New Member

I Also Compete in ITF competition at a Local National and International Level, I am currently in the UK Squad for Patterns, Sparring and Special Tech.

We have to take part in Trials prior to events to secure our positions and qualify.

Our next one is in Feb where we are looking to qualify for the World Champs in South Korea.

I would definately say you need to experience the international level if you can, it is very different to National events. The contact is very hard and judging is comical at times.

I would say if its what you want to do then go for it, but make sure your aware of what your getting into!!

Good luck with your training!

Tae Kwon

:woo:

7. marais

marais New Member

thanx bux.

im not worried bout hard contact.havnt you ever heard of the expression:"no brain,no pain":D